Chapter 33

The concert went amazing, as always. She was having a blast and not feeling any nausea, which she was scared was going to happen.

When 'Little Bird' started playing Ann closed her eyes and smiled to herself. This song was very special to her, she always associated it with her dad, thanks to Joe, who dedicated it to them at that one show. But right now she could associate it with something more. Her own little bird.

As Nick sang the first verse, she saw Joe looking up at the sky with closed eyes and a soft smile on his lips. He swayed lightly to the rhythm of the guitar. When it was time for him to sing the second verse, he sang it with his eyes still closed. Ann could only see him from behind, but she watched his face on the screen and saw how much emotions he put into it.

It wasn't until the end of the song when he finally opened his eyes, visibly watery as a single teardrop fell down his cheek. Ann smiled weakly, as she felt herself getting emotional as well. She quickly pushed the tears back, not wanting the fans to notice.

Nick was preparing for the next song, which was 'A Little Bit Longer'. He sat by the piano and started speaking about the album and the song as Joe and Kevin got in the back with the band.

As Joe was walking back to the them, he looked at Ann and immediately smiled. He stood by her as they listened to Nick starting the song.

"Did you just cry?" Ann whispered to him.

"Maybe." He whispered back with a smile, looking over the crowd.

She pouted her lip at him and rubbed his back. "That's so sweet."

"You did too." He smiled at her.

"Maybe." She shrugged and Joe chuckled, giving her a side hug.

The rest of the concert passed in no time. Ann's eyes sometimes wondered over the VIP section, where Sophie was having a blast with Priyanka, Danielle and Frankie, but tried not to be bothered by it. 'Hesitate' was the hardest, seeing her sing along, her arm around Pri as they swayed to the rhythm.

After the show, she started to feel worse, deciding to grab a bus quicker to the hotel. Everyone stayed for a little longer at the venue, grabbing a few drinks. She only told Jin, now wanting to bother the rest, especially Joe, knowing he will be worried. She showered, got into cozy clothes and laid in bed with a glass full of water. She only now opened her phone, seeing a few missed calls from Joe and a bunch of messages.

Joe:
Where are you?

???

K, Jin told me. Are you okay?

Call me, when you get there.

Are you there yet?

Now?

Maybe now?

???????

Just call me when you're there.

HELLO?

I swear to god

💩

call me

Or not, that's fine

You can just text me too

HELLO????

Ann:
Jesus Christ, I've been gone for 20 minutes

Joe:
FINALLY.

Yeah, but I checked and the road takes 15 minutes