Chapter 4.

She felt weak in her knees, while reality kicked in. She thought she was going to faint, her legs almost giving up. She fixed her ponytail, cleared her throat and painted a smile on her face. Even though all she wanted to do on that moment was to scream like a little girl, she knew she had to be extra professional. She looked away from the celebrities, feeling that she had been staring at them for too long now. She noticed that Travis started to walk in her direction.

"So sorry I'm late, the traffic was crazy." She made an excuse.

"No problem, we were just about to start anyway. Come on, let me introduce you to everyone." He put his hand on her back and faced the table. He walked with her and greeted each and every person. There was a lot of people from marketing industry to stylist and make up artist, but she got to meet other band members too. She met Mark, the other backup singer, Gabi, who plays the trumpet and Jinjoo, the guitarist. They all seemed very friendly and welcoming. And, a cherry on top, it was time to meet the main stars. They all stood up and with smiles came up to them. She could feel her heart sinking.

"And here are your new bosses." Travis laughed and pointed at the three of them. "This is Kevin, Nick and Joe."

The introduction was unnecessary. Of course she knew their names. She could feel the teenager self screaming in her head in that moment. She always dreamt of meeting them. They started to walk up to her one by one, the first one to be Kevin. Always the most humble one.

"Nice to meet you, welcome to our band!" He shook her hand and gave her a reassuring smile. "I hope you're going to settle in nicely."

"Thank you, it's a pleasure to meet you too." She responded as he moved to the side. Next one was Nick. He was the confident one. He came up with hands still in his pockets as he eyed her. She felt that he was the one taking his job very seriously and that made her a little frightened.

"Hey, nice to meet you." He said while shaking her hand and moving to a side. She felt the uncertainty in his eyes. He definitely wasn't the one that was so desperate to sign her up.

And then there he was. Standing right in front of her, Joe. She couldn't lie, he was her favorite Jonas back in the day. She couldn't remember how many times she imagined meeting him and wishing he fell in love with her. Her cheeks immediately gained a red color. He was intimidating. His soft perfect skin, light stubble and curly hair, couple of strains resting on his forehead. And the eyes. Oh, the deep brown eyes. She got lost in them for a moment, before snapping out.

"Hey, nice to meet you!" He came up and gave her a big smile, which showed his white teeth. He was perfect. That's the only thought going in Ann's mind in that moment. She prayed she won't say anything stupid.

"Hey, Jeff- Joe. It's a pleasure." She stumbled on her words her tongue giving up on her. 'Fuck' she thought. But his reaction was pleasing. He pushed his head back and let out a loud laugh.

"That's a first." He looked at her and chuckled. His gaze felt... hypnotizing. But also comforting. Welcoming. And left her eager for more. "Come on, let's get you settled." He put his hand on her back and led her to an empty chair.

She noticed the strong scent of cologne that radiated from him and felt numb for a moment. His touch send shivers down her spine and she felt a weird feeling in her stomach. Butterflies. As it turns out, her teenage feeling for this man never went away. He moved the chair back and gestured her to sit down. She couldn't look him in the face anymore, feeling that she might actually pass out from the emotions. She sat and Joe pushed the chair to get her closer to the table. Hot and a gentleman.

As it turned out she was sitting directly in front of Joe, which didn't help at all. Travis started talking, but her mind was somewhere else. She was looking at him, but his words felt like a blur. All she could feel was a pair of eyes staring into her. Her heart skipped a beat and she could feel her breath rising.