Chapter 11.

There she was, standing in the center of the room, Ann's mum. Tears filled her eyes as she ran up to her and gave her the tightest hug possible. She almost made her mother fall from the impact. She swayed from side to side, not letting her go.

"Honey, I can't breathe!" Sophie said coughing.

"I don't care!" Ann laughed and squeezed her even tighter, causing her mom to choke. Finally she let her go, tears streaming down her face.

"You're going to mess up your make up!" She said wiping the tears from her cheek.

"I don't care." She shook her head with a wide smile. "I'm so happy to see you."

"Me too! Look at you." She took her daughter's hands and took a look at her outfit. "You're a star."

"Yeah, not really." She laughed.

"You're always going to be a star for me." Sophie caressed her daughter's cheek and let out a sob. "When did you grow up?"

"Oh, we're not doing this right now! Only happy tears." Ann waved her finger at her. "Okay, but like how? How are you even here? Did Joe do this?"

"Long story." She smiled. "But yes, he did, with a little help of Jazz"

"Wait, Jazz was on this?!" Her eyes grew bigger. "That little cricket never said a word!"

"Well, they're good at keeping secrets." She laughed.

"Five minutes, everybody! Five minutes!" Someone's voice sounded from the corridor.

"Go. I can't wait to see you on stage." She patted her on the shoulder and they hugged once more.

"I love you, mom." She said as she ran out of the room in a rush.

She bumped into someone standing outside of the room causing them to stumble and almost fall. She steadied her steps and looked to see it was Joe. They looked at each other and started laughing out loud.

"You okay?" Said Joe between laughs.

"I guess." She chuckled.

"Sorry. I was waiting for you." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Joe, I'm... I'm speechless." She got more serious as she remembered what he did to her.

"You don't have to say anything." He smiled warmly at her.

She was so happy she couldn't hide it. She ran up to him and wrapped her hands around his neck in a hug. He hesitated for a while, before wrapping his arms around her waist. "Thank you." Was all she could say. She took in this moment, acknowledging the strong smell of his cologne that she knew so well. His soft skin brushed against her face and the feeling was addictive. She would stay like this forever if she could.

"Two minutes!" The scream made them jump away from each other. They both chuckled nervously.

"Slap me." Joe's voice made her frown.

"What did you just say?" She asked in disbelief.

"Slap me." He said, nodding and closing his eyes waiting for the impact.

"Why would I- What?" She was more confused then ever. She had zero reasons to do that to him.

"Jeez, Ann. It's my routine before every show. Just do it." He shook his head with his eyes still closed.

"O-Okay..." She was a little hesitant, but it seemed like a Joe thing to do.

"But do it hard."

"Jesus, okay." She shook her head and before thinking of it for another second she slapped him across his face.