Chapter 8.

Ann was running around the apartment, trying to get ready as quickly as possible. She overslept and was for sure going to be late. Jazz didn't say a word to her after last night and Ann didn't want to add up to the situation and telling her about the meeting. She was sure, that she saw their pictures together - they were everywhere. She quickly grabbed her car keys and ran out of the apartment.

She drove quickly, probably breaking multiple laws. She took the first available space and parked her car. She ran to the front door, having a quick look at her watch for time. 10:12 a.m. At the front desk, she saw the same woman that was here last time. She already knew who she was and she just told her what floor to go on, seeing that she's in a rush. Ann jumped in the elevator and pushed the button. When it reached the 10th floor, she rushed out of it and read signs next to the doors looking for Travis' office. Finally she found it.

She took a deep breath and opened the door. There he was, facing her from behind his desk Travis, with his arms crossed. Joe was sitting in front of him. He didn't turn around when she walked in. She sensed that it's not going well.

"Finally." Travis said, standing up from his chair and shaking his hand with her.

"I'm sorry, I don't have any excuse." She said truthfully, not having enough time to come up with an explanation.

"Sit down." He gestured to an empty chair next to Joe. While sitting she looked at Joe, but he had his head down. She never saw him like this before. He was stumping his left foot fast, which was a very clear sign of nerves. She sat down and Travis cleared his throat.

"You probably both know why you're here." Ann nodded, but Joe did nothing, still staring at the floor. "I'm going to start with saying that I'm disappointed in you two. What you did was highly unprofessional and I will definitely not accept that."

His voice was very serious and Ann could sense the anger building in him. She felt like she was twelve again and sitting in a principal's office. They both stayed silent as Travis sighed and continued.

"You both know how this works. Relationships between members of band are strictly forbidden in our politics. And actions like this have consequences. According to them, I could fire you right now, Ann."

Ann's heart sunk and she felt a hot wave of blood on her face. She knew she will get in trouble, but not like this. The words made Joe finally look up at Travis.

"Explain to me, Travis, because I'm getting lost here. Technically, you work for me, so I'm your boss. Ann also works for me, so I'm her boss too. You're just a tour manager. You don't get to decide who goes and who stays. I'm the one who's got the final word." Ann looked at him and admired how passionate he was about her staying.

"Joe, those are the politics and you agreed to them by signing the deal with us. Here, read point 16." He slid him a couple of papers, probably their agreement. Joe read it in silence, while Ann watched him, trying to read something from his face.

"That's bullshit." He threw the papers on the desk and sat back in the chair, his leg nervously jumping again. "You can't do that."

"I can, Joe. But before I do, I'm going to need some explanation from the both of you. What happened last night and what is going on between you." Ann was scared to say anything, as the situation got over her. But thankfully Joe took over.

"You've been in this industry for enough time to realize that the media are going to take small details and put it into a big deal. Yes, we've gone out last night, but we did it as a whole band. Why aren't there any picture of us all walking into the club? It's a clear manipulation. I was hungry, so we grabbed something to eat, no one else wanted to go, that's why it was just the two of us. And then I dropped her off, because what, I was supposed to leave her alone at night?" He was visibly mad, throwing his hands in the air as he talked. "Nothing happened. Nothing will happen. We're just friends."