Chapter 15

After rehearsal was done, she quickly ran backstage to call her mom. She felt guilty for not spending enough time with her while she was in town, but her schedule was so busy, she barely had any free time.

"Hello, baby." She answered right away, almost like she was waiting for the call.

"Hi..." she smiled hearing her voice.

„How are you? All settled for today?"

„Yeah, we just finished rehearsing."

„Amazing! Can't wait to hear you tonight again."

„I'm sorry I haven't spent any time with you."

„Oh, it's okay! You're busy. Jazz is taking real good care of me, so don't you worry about that."

„Okay." She smiled.

„Is that Ann?" She heard Jazz's voice in the distance. „Can I?" She grabbed the phone from Sophie. „And? How did it go?"

„Jazz, I don't want my mom to hear... She'll worry too much. And it's... complicated. We'll talk in person about it."

„Way to leave me hanging."

„I'm sorry." Ann laughed. „But I'm still here."

„That's good. Okay, see you tonight, boo."

„See you." She said as she saw Joe walking in the room. „Hey, you." She put down her phone and sat on the table that was behind her.

„Hey, you." He said with a smirk. He turned around and locked the doors behind him.

„Yeah, that's definitely not suspicious." She rolled her eyes at him.

He didn't say anything, just slowly moved towards her with his hands in his pockets.

„Ready to finish what we started?" He said, the smirk not leaving his lips.

„Seriously?" Ann chuckled.

Before she could say anything else he cupped her face in his hands and gave her a quick kiss. He rested his forehead against her and kissed the top of her nose. They stayed silent like this for a while, their eyes closed, sinking in the feeling. Ann couldn't believe how comfortable he made her feel. She didn't realize until now, how much she actually needed that. How much she actually needed him. She brushed her hand through his curls and opened her eyes.

„So how are we going to entertain the crowd, Joseph?" She laughed against his lips.

„Just be yourself." He gave her another quick kiss before taking a step back. „And don't worry about what Nick said to you. He's like that sometimes. He takes everything way too serious."

„I know." She smiled softly at him.

„Okay, I better go now, before they start looking for me." He smiled and turned to the door.

„Wait." Ann grabbed his wrist and pulled him to her.

They both laughed and got serious after a few seconds. Their faces were close to each other, their eyes studying every inch of them. She felt her butterflies going crazy, as she sniffed his cologne.

„Wanted something?" He smirked. Ann bit her lip and nodded, before pulling him into a kiss.

He wrapped his arms around her and returned it. She lightly bit his bottom lip, making him let out a little moan. She smirked and continued to kiss him. The kiss was passionate and long. Ann wanted this to happen so bad and it was better than she could have ever imagined. He was a great kisser. Which only made her think that he's probably good in bed too. The thought only made her blood rush even more.