Chapter 6

"So what you're saying is that you almost fucked Joe Jonas on your first encounter?"

"Jazz!" Ann squealed and hid herself in her hands from embarrassment.

"What? Just speaking the truth." She got up and pushed her hands back in defense.

"That's not the truth." Said Ann while clenching her teeth.

"Girl, you think you can trick me?"

"Is that all you have to say after what I've said? Thought I can count on you." She pulled her legs and hid her face in them. She was vividly mad at Jazz for picking on her.

"You can! What-" she threw her hands in the air and started walking back and forth in the kitchen trying to wrap her head around what to say. "I just don't recognize you. You're not like this."

"I know, Jazz! I know this is not me! I didn't need your words to see that!" She screamed, tears forming in her eyes. Jazz let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, boo. Come on." She picked her from the floor and led her to her bathroom. They stood in front of the mirror and Jazz started to wash Ann's face with a makeup wipe. "You have to get your shit together. I know he's hot, he's a fucking Jonas. But he's technically your boss too." Jazz threw away the wipe and brushed Ann's hair from her face. "And a douche bag. He just wants to score you. You'll be just another trophy to him. I know men like this. You're better than that, sis."

"You're probably right. But Jazz, I never felt something like this. He has this effect on me... I can't even put it into words. I'm scared about tomorrow, I'm scared to see him again."

"Don't think about it like that. It's your work. He's just an element in the puzzle, not your main problem. You don't even have to acknowledge his existence. Just do your job."

"Maybe you're right." She sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. "Never thought we'll be having this kind of conversation."

"Bitch, same." She laughed and shook her head. "You were always the one trying to talk me off boys. Now I'm returning the favor."

"Love you, Jazz." Ann hugged her friend. "I needed that."

"No matter what will happen, I'll always be on your side. But if that son of a bitch hurts you, he'll get a taste of me."

"Sure." Ann chuckled. "Okay, it was nice and all, but go. I need a shower."

"Way to end a beautiful moment! I take back everything I said - you're still stone cold." She snapped her fingers and left the bathroom. Ann laughed at her and got ready for a shower.

The warm water ran down her body as she just stood there staring at the wall. She knew she couldn't let that man take over her. She knew she couldn't act like some easy chick, that will jump in his bed whenever he wanted to. He knew what he was doing. He's a player. Score and leave. Like Jazz said, she was better than that. She let out a small chuckle of disbelief, while realizing her crazy acting from earlier. She quickly washed herself and jumped in bed. As per usual, she scrolled through Instagram and watched stories. She tapped the screen fast, trying to get past a story from some influencer explaining some kind of drama. She didn't really care for that. Another account's stories were passed as she was advertising some face masks. She tapped and tapped until she saw something that made her go back. Joe's story.

It was his selfie in a bathroom mirror. The light was dimmed and his curls wet, most likely from a shower. He was in a white robe, but it was tied very lightly, exposing a bit of his bare chest. He was leaning his hand against the sink and covered half of his face with a phone. The other half showed one of his eye staring deeply at the camera through the mirror. She recognized that look very well. But she was shocked that she felt... nothing, while looking at that photo. She then noticed a small, almost hard to read text that he placed next to his head.