Chapter 14

The elevator ride was silent as she watched the number of floor go up. She tried everything she could to hold back the tears that were starting to form in her eyes. She felt a warm touch on her hand. Joe took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"I've got this, okay?" He said with a warm smile. He didn't look worried at all. Ann just replied with a nod and before they could say anything more, the elevator stopped.

Ann took a deep breath and let go of Joe's hand. They started to walk side by side until they reached Travis' office. She looked at Joe one more time and he gave her a reassuring nod. He knocked on the door and entered it first, his attitude changing in a second.

"Before you say anything, let me get this straight." He stormed in the room, his tone more serious than ever.

"Hey, Joe" said Travis calmly, standing up from his chair.

"We did nothing wrong. Ann did nothing wrong. Nothing happened between us." He continued, ignoring Travis.

"Sit down, Joe." Travis was still calm, unbothered by his words. Ann just stood by the door watching it happen.

"Sharing some looks and interacting doesn't mean we're together. I'm doing that with Jinjoo too, why aren't you firing her?" His voice was getting louder, as he was vividly mad at the situation.

"Joe." Travis said now louder, trying to get through him. "Please, sit down." Joe took a deep breath and sat in one of the chairs. "Ann." Travis looked at her and pointed at the other chair.

She felt weak on her knees as she approached the desk. Joe was furious, his leg jumping up and down. She sat slowly, her eyes glued to the floor.

"Remember what I said, Travis. I can fire you too." He frowned at Travis.

"First of all, Joe, don't threaten me. If you would have read the terms, you would know that ending our agreement will result in cancellation of all concerts." Ann's eyes grew wide. "And we wouldn't want that to happen, right?" Ann looked at Joe, who just chuckled and shook his head.

"And I'm the one threatening?"

"I'm just gonna get straight to the point." Said Travis and focused his attention on Ann. "Your actions at the concert only confirmed that something is going on between you guys. And don't try to deny it to me right now, cause I'm not stupid." He added as he saw Joe open his mouth. "The thing is... People loved it. You were trending on Twitter and the ticket sales have gone up like never before."

Ann frowned unsure of how to understand his words. She looked at Joe and he had the same expression as she did.

"So what?" Said Joe vividly confused.

"We want you to keep doing what you're doing." He said with a sigh. Ann blinked a few times, as if she misheard him.

"What?" Joe was as lost in all of this as Ann.

"It's good for the marketing. It brings attention and gets people talking."

Ann looked at Joe and search his face for some answers. He looked back at her and then back at Travis.

"Wait, so does that mean that the rules don't apply anymore?" He said with a hint of hope.

"That's the thing. They do." His eyes jumped from Ann's to Joe's. "You still are forbidden from developing any kind of relationship between each other. We just want you to keep teasing the people, hinting that something is going on. To keep them interested."

Ann couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her frustration started to grow and she felt like she was about to explode.

"You can't play with our feelings like that, Travis." She said, tears filling her eyes.