Chapter 27

Ann and Jazz quickly packed their bags as Joe talked with Sophie in the living room. She heard them laugh constantly, making Ann smile to her herself. Even though her mom's adoration for Joe made her sometimes want to puke, she liked that they got so along.

Once they were done, they all drove to Joe's place, discussing dinner options. Joe said that he'll hire the chef for the whole week, but Sophie insisted she'll be making the food. She said that that's the least she could do as a thank you.

They drove into Joe's mansion, that Ann was already so familiar with. The enormous space scared her a little, but she felt safe there. The house was more secluded from others, giving them as much privacy as they needed.

They said their goodbyes to Logan, as Joe took out everyone's bags from the trunk. Ann came up to him and tried to help him, but he slapped her hands as she did so. She rolled her eyes at him and waited until he was done.

He left the bags outside and opened the doors for them. The familiar scent of the house hit her nostrils and she smiled to herself. She looked around in awe. It was always so clean and neat, almost like he just moved in there.

„Come on, I'll show you the rooms. You can pick which one you want." He waved his hand at them, guiding them upstairs.

They walked past the bathroom, bringing back all the memories to Ann. She smiled to herself, as it still made her stomach turn, just thinking about it. They made it into a long corridor and Joe pointed at the doors.

„Feel free to explore." He smiled at them. „Meanwhile, I'll bring the bags."

They started to open up every room one at a time. All the bedrooms were designed in similar style. Simple, modern, mostly with white color and wooden elements. They were not overly decorated, yet felt welcoming and cozy.

Sophie and Jazz moved to the next one, when Ann decided to explore the ones on the other side of the corridor. When she opened the first door, her mouth dropped almost to the floor. This one was different than the others.

It had a massive bed standing by the wall, with multiple cushions in white and brown neatly settled at the top of it. In front of it there was a lounge area with a couch, armchairs and a small coffee table between them. On the wall next to the lounge there was a fireplace with piles of wood next to it. The wall opposite to the bed was all glass, as she noticed there was also a small balcony outside.

She decided to walk out, enjoying the warm wind that blew on her hair. She leaned against the railing and enjoyed the view that was mainly trees, that were scattered around the property, probably for more privacy. It also overlooked the backyard of the mansion. She smiled seeing the pool, that brought some more memories back to her.

„You like it?." Joe asked, standing in the balcony door with a smirk.

„Joe, it's stunning." She said turning around to him. „It's your bedroom?"

He nodded with a smile. „But I don't mind moving in another room for the week."

„No, please don't do that." She shook her head, knowing that he already did too much for her.

„How are you feeling?" He walked up to her and leaned his back against the railing.

„A bit tired today. But the nausea stopped, fortunately."

„That's good." He smiled at her. „Okay, if you insist on not taking this room, at least take the one next to it. It's almost as good, I'll show you."

He too her hand and guided her to the guest room next to the main bedroom. To her surprise, there was a door in between the rooms. This room was similar to the main room, but a little smaller. The bed was massive as well, but the lounge consisted only of a couch and a coffee table. The balcony in that room was connected with Joe's, overlooking the same view.