Chapter 7.

She lost count as to how many shots they've taken after five. They just kept going, while staring at each other, without saying a word. It was like a silent battle as to whose got stronger head. She slid the shot glass to the bartender for another one and when the bartender tried to pour one to Joe he declined with a hand gesture. 'Oh the sweet taste of victory.' She thought and couldn't help but smirk.

"Better luck next time." She said and licked her lips from drips of alcohol. His eyes were blurry, the vodka evidently starting to kick in. "Wanna dance?" She gestured to the dance floor, where all of the other band members started to gather. She didn't wait for his answer, but got up and joined Mark and Jinjoo. She started swaying to the music, knowing damn well she was being eaten by Joe's eyes. And she liked it. She decided to give him a "private show". The vodka definitely boosted her confidence and she was ready to tease and then dump him. She turned to face him and started dancing seductively. She closed her eyes and got lost in the music as it led her body to the rhythm. Until she felt a warm breath on her face.

When she opened her eyes, Joe was standing inches away from her face. Her heart dropped at the sight. She never saw him from this close. The dim light in the room lit up the small details on his face that she now was noticing. His eyes were filled with desire and his lips slightly parted.

"Stop teasing me." He whispered in her ear. His breath on her neck made her shiver. She just smiled, put her hands on his chest and started swaying to the rhythm.

"Dance with me." She whispered. He gave her one more look before putting his hands on her hips, joining her tempo.

They were in sync. Their bodies fitted perfectly together. Their hands exploring each other. The connection was electrifying and addictive. They didn't care about anyone else in the room. They knew everyone was probably watching them, but they were lost in each other. Everything else was a blur and felt like in a slow motion, when they stared at each other. Joe's eyes were jumping from time to time to her lips, which made her stomach turn. Her body trembled at the touch of his fingertips. Her "brilliant" plan got lost somewhere between the shots. Their breaths got sharper as their bodies got closer, rubbing against each other. She looked at his lips, feeling that what she wanted in that moment is to just taste them.

"Get a room!" They heard a voice and some laughs from behind them. This made them remember that they weren't all alone. They jumped realizing that what they were doing was definitely not appropriate.

But Joe, even though tipsy, took control of the situation and laughed it off, causing everyone to get back to what they were doing. Ann was blushing hard, scared what they were going to think of her. Joe took her by the wrist and led her to a couch that was standing against the wall. They sat down, letting a heavy sigh. After a couple seconds they looked at each other and started laughing.

"That was... wow." Said Joe while nodding his head.

"Yeah, that was very wow. Too much wow, actually. What if we get in trouble?"

"Nah. Besides, I thought you liked a little adrenaline."

"I do, but not when my job is on the line."

"I've got this, don't worry."

"I hope so." There was a long silence before Joe put a strand of Ann's hair behind her ear.

"Wanna get out of here?"

'You did not just say that, Joe Jonas.' She thought to herself.

"Wow, you must really think I'm that easy." She chuckled.

"I meant to get something to eat. I'm starving." He laughed. "And what did you thought I mean?"

She blushed and shook her head. "Nothing. Yeah, let's go."