27. love cupcakes

JACK AND I burst through the front door of our apartment, laughing. we were out all night dancing, drinking, and spending time together.

"you should've seen his face, babe," jack began, smiling hard. "he was like EEEE URRR AHH."

i laughed. "THEN HE TRIPPED ON HIS WAY OUT."

jack threw his head back, laughing too. "man, that was funny."

i nodded in agreement and helped him carry the grocery bags to the counter. it was valentine's day and at the very last minute, jack decided he wanted to make cupcakes with me.

"i still don't understand why you wanna make cupcakes so bad." i took the ingredients out of the bag and set them down.

he came up behind me, wrapping his arms around waist and leaning his head on my shoulder, pressing soft kisses on my neck.

"because they're love cupcakes."

i smiled. "what are love cupcakes?"

he turned me around to face him, with both arms on either side of me on the counter. "they're cupcakes, but special ones made with extra love."

"yeah?" i asked him.

he nodded. "mhm."

"how much love?"

"this much," he began, then kissed me on the lips.

"wow, jack. that's a lottt of love. all for me?!"

"yeah. you're my best girl," he replied, hugging me tight.

i kissed his head. "you mean you're only girl??"

"well, you and my mom."

"why are you so fucking cute. okay, let's do this thing!!" i said, hopping off the counter.

jack preheated the oven to 350 degrees while i grabbed bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a cupcake pan, cooking spray, oil, water, eggs, and the box of cupcake mix.

while i was mixing all of the ingredients in the bowl, jack made pink frosting that was practically everywhere.

i whipped my head around, seeing pink frosting splattered all over jacks face and the counter.

he slowly turned to look at me. "uh.. sorry?"

i frowned at him. "jackkk, you're a mess!!"

"yeah, i know. but it still tastes good. wanna taste?" he said, a small smirk forming.

"ugh, fine!!" i said, walking up to him and reaching for the piping bag, but he pulled it away, smiling.

"no, no, no. you gotta kiss me."

i giggled. "i see."

i moved closer to him and kissed him long and hard. i could taste the strawberry flavor on his lips. it tasted good.

we both pulled away, smiling.

"okay, now back to work!!" i told him.

after we cleaned up the mess and put the cupcakes into the oven, waited 20 minutes, it was time to take them out and let them cool off before frosting them.

"can i shove one in your face?" jack asked, holding up the small cupcake in his hand.

i frowned at him. "umm, no you may not!! we put a lot of effort into those cupcakes, so i'm not gonna let you waste them just be-"

before i knew it, jack had shoved the vanilla cupcake with pink frosting all over my right cheek. there was even some on my nose.

i eyed him narrowly. "oh, so that's how you wanna play, hm?!"

"yeah," he replied, with a devious smile plastered all over his face.

i grabbed a cupcake and smashed it all over his face, rubbing the frosting in circles just to make sure i didn't miss a spot!!!

he held back a laugh. "why is my girlfriend so crazy."

"hey, you started it! and besides, it's funny."

he smiled. "so do you love the love cupcakes?? cuz i do."

"yeah, i love the love cupcakes."

"good." he wrapped his arm around me, holding me close to him. "happy valentine's day baby."

"happy valentine's day, jack."

the rest of the night consisted of watching rom-coms, eating popcorn, snuggling together on the couch, and eating the love cupcakes of course after we washed all the frosting off of our faces.

AUTHOR HERE,
hi guys sorry for not uploading a new chapter in soooo long i've literally had no motivation 😭
i loveee love cupcakes tho lol!!! 🫶🏻🫶🏻
i'm glad to see jack back on the ice fs
here's your daily jack pic! xx

AUTHOR HERE, hi guys sorry for not uploading a new chapter in soooo long i've literally had no motivation 😭i loveee love cupcakes tho lol!!! 🫶🏻🫶🏻i'm glad to see jack back on the ice fs here's your daily jack pic! xx

he's so cutie omggg