5. clingy

I WOKE UP to the sun peeking its way through the blinds. i squinted my eyes as i looked through the window. it was early. the sun was just now rising and the sky was in a beautiful array of rosy colors.

i felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and tug me closer to them. i smiled, knowing it was my boyfriend.

"someone's awake early," i said.

"the sun is my eyes," he mumbled.

"mine too," i said, chuckling. "don't worry, i'll fix the blinds."

i began to get up, but jack's arms only wrapped around me tighter as he pulled me back against him.

"nooo," he whined. "just stay here."

"jack, it'll only take a second."

"no."

i sighed, staying in his embrace, thinking for a moment.

"since when were you clingy?" i asked.

i felt him sit up and move his head to look at me. he looked offended.

"you think i'm clingy?!" he asked in confusion.

i laughed. "i mean, yeah, a little bit."

he furrowed his eyebrows, opened his mouth and then proceeded to say, "who says?"

"says me, silly," i replied, then moved my hand to his hair, running my fingers through his soft curls.

he frowned at me, crossing his arms. "pfft, not true."

"oh it sooo is."

"no it's not!" he pouted.

"woah, calm down there rowdy," i told him.

he glared at me and said, "you can't call me that anymore! only trev can..."

i stopped playing with his hair and gave him 'the look.'

"jack rowden hughes..." i began.

"i said what i said!" he replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"fine," i said, getting up from off the bed.

"hey! no, don't leave. where are you going? come backkk!" he whined.

"nope," i said, opening the door.

"hey! get your butt back here, yn!" he said. i could hear him jump off the bed and his footsteps against the floor as he ran after me.

i laughed as i quickly ran down the stairs and to the living room. i could hear him getting closer, so i screamed like a little child as he tackled me onto the couch from behind.

"why did you leave?" he asked.

"because. you said i can't call you rowdy anymore, so just for that i'm not calling you baby, cutie, hughesy, or any of those names ever again!" i spat out, smirking as i crossed my arms.

the air suddenly became dead silent. he just looked at me for a few seconds before speaking up with the most palest, dead-looking and 'soul just left my body' face.

"wait— what..?" he softly mumbled, his face growing even more sad.

i opened my mouth and laughed. "aw, jackkk. i'm just kidding, cutie. stop being so over dramaticcc."

"ughhh, ynnn! why do you mess with me like that?!" he spat out.

i couldn't stop laughing. "cuz you messed with me! i don't care what you say, jack hughes, i'm calling you rowdy anytime i want. so trevor can suck it."

"don't call me jack hughessss," he said, throwing a fit. "i'm a cutie! your cutie..." he said, sticking his bottom lip out.

i laughed again. "okay okay, my apologies cutie," i said.

he just smiled big and laid down next to me on the couch, his head in the crook of my neck, and his arms around my waist.

"you clingy ass mf," i mumbled.

"ynnnn, stop being a meanie," he whined.

"not until you admit it."

he sighed. "fine. i'm being clingy and i couldn't give two fucks about what you say or whether or not if you like it or hate it. now be quiet and let me snuggle with you."

"wow," was all i managed to say first. "you're really not having it today, are you?"

"no."

i laughed and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"i love you, cutie," i told him.

"i love you too cutie."

|authors note|
hi! OMG OKAY SO I ACTUALLY REALLY LOVE THS ONE LOL. i hope you guys enjoy it! also, who watched the game tonight?? i will never be able to recover from the loss... butttt jack scored an assist, so that's good. anyway, off-season is bouta start, so hopefully jack will post some cute things on insta. (jack post everything. we want to seeee.) here's a cute picture of him for your enjoyment. until next chapter! bye! xx

 until next chapter! bye! xx