20. ice skating

IT WAS CHILLY outside and smelled of damp pine trees which made the air feel fresh and clean. there was also a white blanket of snow covering the ground and little snowflakes fell every now and then. it really felt like winter.

jack took the day off today to teach me how to ice skate, but i really think that he was just looking forward to seeing me fall on my ass.

once we made it to the rink, i went into the locker room and quickly changed out of my jacket and snow boots to reveal a better outfit which consisted of black leggings, a blue define jacket, and my hockey skates that i haven't used in forever.

i walked out by the rink and saw jack waiting for me by the glass.

as soon as he saw me, he smiled, and said, "you ready?"

i hesitated. "yeah. i guess so. but-"

"no, buts. c'mon, grab my hands."

i looked down at his hands as they reached for mine then i looked back up at him.

"jack, you know i can't skate."

"well, that's why i'm here to teach you. i won't let you fall, i promise. grab my hands."

i looked back down at his hands again and held them in mine.

we slowly stepped onto the ice and i held his hands tighter.

"don't worry, i'm not gonna let you fall." he looked at me. "we'll take it slow."

i nodded as we skated slow for a few minutes.

after a little while of getting used to the feeling, jack came behind me on my left side and grabbed my left hand while putting his right hand on my back.

"okay. put one foot in front of the other and then push off with that foot."

"like this?" i asked while demonstrating.

"yeah, exactly. good job baby." i smiled. "now keep moving forward. left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot. get that momentum going. that's it. atta girl."

i smiled again as i started getting the hang of it and began moving faster. 

"oh my gosh i'm doing it!"

he laughed. "yeah, you are. i'm gonna move a little faster now, you think you can keep up?"

i nodded. "just don't let go of my hand."

"i won't, i promise. only until you say so."

i nodded again as he quickly picked up the pace.

"jack!"

"you've got it, babe. remember, keep the momentum going."

i skated a little faster and caught up with him. we both looked at each other as we cheered.

i didn't look where i was going until the wall was getting closer and closer to me by the second.

"jack, i can't stop!!" i cried out.

"shit, yn! i've got you!" he yelled as he quickly skated up right behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, but he slipped, and we both fell back.

luckily, i didn't hit the ice flat on first, jack did.

"ow," he murmured.

"that's your fault," i said, sarcasm escaping from my lips.

he looked at me and i just laughed.

"haha very funny."

"it is funny."

he shook his head no and started to get up, but i stopped him.

"no no. i kinda like this position."

a small smile crept up onto his face. "yeah?"

"mhm."

"i like you on top of me, i can't lie about that."

i laughed and then playfully pushed his shoulder with my elbow.

"oww!" he repeated.

"that did not hurt, jack. you play professional hockey for a living!"

"okay, well, yeah it didn't hurt, but-"

"that's what i thought," i said, smiling.

he smiled back and sat up with me on his lap. he leaned in and kissed me. i kissed him back and ran my fingers through his hair then pulled away. he groaned.

"you broke your promise about not letting me fall."

he frowned. "i'm sorry. i technically fell first though and you were on top of me, so you didn't get hurt, but yeah, that's my fault."

"i know i know."

"i promise i won't let it happen next time."

i raised my eyebrows. "there's already a next time?"

"well, yeah.."

"as long as it ends with us kissing each time then i'm okay with it."

he laughed. "that's a guarantee."

|authors note|
hey guys i thought this one was super cute, so i hope you enjoy it! ☺️ first of all, POOR JACK IS HURT WITH AN UPPER BODY INJURY I'M NOT OK. let's hope he recovers fast! 🙏 second of all, i went to the devils vs blackhawks game last night AND VITEK WITH THAT SAVE HELLO?!?! i also got on the jumbotron for a good 10 seconds which was SO cool haha. here's your daily jack pic! xx

poor baby i hope he feels better soon🙏🙏