23. sick

I WOKE UP with my head pounding, body sweating, and a sore throat. the alarm clock read 2:41am and it was pitch black out.

i tried to roll over onto my side, but jacks arms were wrapped around my waist a little too tight. i tried to pry his arms off of me too, but he wouldn't budge.

i groaned. "jackkkk."

i tried pulling harder on his arms, but it was no use. he just nuzzled his head into my neck which made me uncomfortable considering i felt like shit.

i finally pushed him off of me and sat up, leaning my head back against the headboard. he whined and tugged on my shirt.

i started coughing real bad like i inhaled a dust particle or something. then, he looked up at me.

"are you okay?" he mumbled.

"no."

he sat up too and pulled me into him, rubbing his hands down my arms.

"you feel hot, yn." he pressed his chin up to my forehead. "let me take your temperature."

two minutes later, jack came back with a thermometer in his hand. he held it close to my forehead.

he raised his eyebrows. "101.2, babe."

i frowned, plopping back onto the bed and pushing the covers off of me.

he sat down next to me and ran his fingers through my hair. "i'm gonna get you a cold glass of water. anything else?"

"some cough drops? my throat hurts."

he smiled. "cough drops and a cold glass of water coming right up!"

when he came back through the doors, i was crying.

he saw my expression and set the stuff down on the end table.

"hey hey don't cry."

"i hate being sick. i just wanna feel better."

he sat down on the bed and pulled me onto his lap.

"well, i'm not a doctor, i'm a professional hockey player, but these cough drops should help with your sore throat. here."

i smiled, taking the cough drop out of his hand.

"here's the water too."

i grabbed the cup, taking a few sips, then handed it back to him.

"you would've been a hot doctor."

he laughed. "really?"

i nodded and then sneezed into my elbow.

"don't worry. i'm gonna take care of you." he pressed a kiss to my forehead. "i always will."

i smiled. "how did i get so lucky with you?!"

"because you're dating a hockey player instead of a doctor."

i laughed and then pecked a small kiss on his cheek.

AUTHOR HERE,
hi guys this one was kinda short
but i hope you like it
i'm lowk running out of ideas tho
so comment if you have any requests
here's your daily jack pic! xx

AUTHOR HERE, hi guys this one was kinda shortbut i hope you like iti'm lowk running out of ideas thoso comment if you have any requestshere's your daily jack pic! xx

he's so cutie ☺️🫶🏻