15. lake day

THE SUN WAS shining brighter then ever. the fluffy clouds drifted across the sky and there was a cool breeze flowing.

jack's family had invited me to hang out with them at the lake today, specifically wakesurfing with their boat.

my phone buzzed beside me, so i picked it up.

jack 😽
hiiii
yn
ynnnnn
answerrrr meeee
babe
baby
hellooooo
good morning cutie
☹️

yn
hi sorry just woke up

jack 😽
ofc you did you sleep all day 😐
anyway i'm omw home rn pick you up in 30?

yn
THIRTY MINUTES?!?!

jack 😽
umm yeah?

yn
UMM HELLO?!?
jack i love you but you clearly haven't met me if you think thirty minutes is enough time for me to get ready

jack 😽
oh
but we're gonna be in the water

yn
ik but i still need to look good

jack 😽
you always look good tho

yn
haha no
when i wake up my hair is like sticking up in several different places and i just don't look good

jack 😽
oh cmonn
idc what you say you look gorgeous when you wake up
your cheeks are all rosy and you always look so snuggly

yn
awe i love you

jack 😽
i love you too beautiful
pick you up in an hour then

by the time jack got here, i was already ready. i put some cute beach waves in my hair even though it would get wet later on, did a little bit of makeup and i picked out a cute two piece bathing suit. plus, i wanted his eyes to drop.

i grabbed my stuff and head outside. i hopped into the passenger seat and closed the door.

"well, don't you look pretty," he spoke, admiring me and my outfit.

i smiled. "thanks rowdy."

he laughed a little and we set off for the lake.

when we arrived, the rest of the family was already there. we both made our way to their boat and carefully got on.

as soon as ellen saw me, she quickly came over and embraced me in a long hug. it felt great.

"awe honey you look so beautiful!" she spoke.

i smiled. "awe thanks ellen. you look amazing."

"hey where's my hug?" jack said, looking at his mother.

ellen waved him off. "you're too big now. i'm giving all of my hugs to your gorgeous girlfriend."

jack frowned, but i just laughed.

"well, you're not wrong about the gorgeous part," he said, with a little smile. fuck he was so cute.

"awe that's my boy. okay now hurry up and change you two. i know luke and quinn have been eager to get out the board."

she walked away, leaving us alone.

"i'm gorgeous, huh?" i tease, getting closer to him and taking his hands in mine.

he smiles. "mhm."

i laughed as i felt the engine come to life and we slowly began moving.

i quickly changed in the small bathroom and then walked over to the back of the boat where everyone else was.