18. planes

quick note - tw: aerophobia/aviophobia, fear of flying is mentioned.

JACK WAS FLYING back to michigan for the summer since the season was over and he brought me along considering i was in new jersey with him for his last few games this year.

as he drove us to the airport, he glanced at me quickly and then put his eyes back on the road.

"hey you okay?" he asked.

i muttered softly, "mhm."

he looked at me again, only this time putting his hand on my thigh to comfort me.

"we're almost there. i promise. then you can rest your head on me and sleep the whole flight."

i nodded and closed my eyes.

by the time we got there, it was already dark and the air got chilly. as we walked in, jack noticed i was shivering and he grabbed my hand.

he stopped in the walkway for a moment and quickly took his jacket off of him.

"jack-"

"you're freezing, yn," he began as he put the jacket on my shoulders. "to be honest, i was burning up in that anyway."

i mouthed a 'thank you' and he smiled.

after we went through security and got our bags checked in, we found a seat next to our plane door and sat down.

he put his arm around me as i laid my head on his shoulder.

"i'm scared, jack."

"i know, baby. but there's nothing to be scared of. the flight attendants will make sure we're safe. and you have me. i'm not going anywhere."

i smiled and snuggled closer to him until it was time for us to board the plane.

once they called our flight number, we stood up and walked over to wait in line. after our boarding passes were scanned, we went on the bridge and boarded the plane.

of course we had first class tickets which i was excited about, but i was still tensed up.

i sat down in the window seat and jack right next to me. i grabbed onto his arm for dear life, tugging on it, even before the plane took off.

he looked over at me as he stood up, putting our luggage in the compartments above our seats.

"we haven't even taken off yet."

"i know but-"

he sat back down and said, "hey it's gonna be okay. i'm right here."

he grabbed my hand in his and pressed a soft kiss on it which made me feel a lot better.

once we began to take off, i starting panicking and jack was there to comfort me. he rubbed my back and held me close to him.

"hey we're in the air now."

i shook my head. "no, no, no. i can't look."

"you know, the lights look cool shining through the clouds from down below."

"jack, you know i'm terrified of flying and-"

"i know you are, but you can open your eyes, yn. i promise everything's okay."

i slowly opened one eye and then the other. i looked around me and jack nodded his head towards the window next to me. i turned my head and looked out of it.

"woah, we're so high."

"i know."

i turned to him and laid my head against his shoulder, sleeping until we landed.

once our flight came to a complete stop, jack woke me up and said, "hey beautiful, we made it. safe and sound."

i opened my eyes, still sleepy, and leaned back against him which made him laugh. then he kissed the top of my head and rubbed my arm.

"you did amazing."

i smiled. "i couldn't of done it without my jack jack."

he laughed again. "i love you, yn."

"i love you too, rowdy."

|authors note|
hey everyone! it's october now which means halloween! yay! i also have homecoming next weekend which is fun. have y'all had yours yet?? i hope everyone is doing well. 🫶🏻🫶🏻 did anyone watch the first game for the devils (against detroit) because ahh they won! literally slay and jack looked so good. but they lost yesterdays game 😔💔 i hope you enjoyed this one! here's your daily jack pic! xx

 but they lost yesterdays game 😔💔 i hope you enjoyed this one! here's your daily jack pic! xx

hehe this was from yesterdays game. ❤️❤️