10. first date

TODAY IS THE day. today is the day that i'm going on my first date in history. well, i guess second date if you count making food with playdoh in kindergarten.

all my life i've never gone out to try new things. it was always just stay home with my dog, charlie, and watch 'girls just wanna have fun' for the hundredth time. but when my older brother dragged me to his hockey game a month ago, i came across the cutest player on the opposite team.

of course, me being boy crazy, i ended up cheering for the other team and not my brother's team. i also accidentally bumped into someone named trevor? i don't remember much about him, but he kept staring at me and sending hand signals to the cute guy on the team.

trevor ended up being the cute guy's best friend and we ended up talking.

"hi i'm jack."

"yn."

jack smiled and looked at trevor. trevor looked at me and said, "sorry about him. he gets kinda nervous around pretty girls."

"shut up!" jack replied, shoving his friend.

"anywayyyy, you guys should talk. or you know, maybe some other stuff..." trevor said, raising his eyebrows at the last part.

"you're gonna make her uncomfortable," jack said.

trevor laughed. "all i'm saying is why don't you just give her a smooch?"

jack pushed trevor and he finally got the memo. jack turned to me.

"oh my gosh i'm really sorry. i promise i'm not as weird as him."

i laughed.

"but uh, i'd really like to get to know you."

i looked around the area, looking for my brother and i caught his eye. he motioned for me to keep talking to jack and so i did.

that brings us to present day.

the clock read 6:01pm. jack texted me saying he'd pick me up at 6:15, so i had a little extra time.

i fixed my makeup real quick and sprayed some perfume on, but my nerves started kicking in and made me feel nauseous. the date was at a movie theater and we were going to see 'the lion king.'

*buzz buzz*

i grabbed my phone and swiped on the message.

jack hughes
hey i'm in front

yn
okay i'll be right there

i grabbed my stuff and head downstairs. i walked to his car and got in the passengers seat. he pulled me in for a hug.

"you look really pretty."

i couldn't help but blush at his comment.

"thanks. you look pretty handsome."

he laughed. "i tried to dress my best. although i don't know if girls are into the whole hoodie and flannel thing."

"i like it," i spoke. "like, a lot."

he laughed again. "that's good to hear."

we arrived at the theater and scanned our tickets to get in. we bought two slushees, candy, and shared a large popcorn.

we found our seats and set everything down. within a few minutes, the lights started to dim.

we were halfway into the movie when i could feel jack's eyes on me. it was kind of weird at first, but i liked that he looked at me. maybe he really likes me? or maybe he's judging me? i don't know.

"popcorn?" he whispered.

i looked at him. "how did you know?"

he laughed a little. "who doesn't love popcorn?"

i smiled and grabbed a handful, shoving it into my mouth.

a few minutes later and i could feel his eyes on me again, but this time he slowly wrapped his arm around me. i smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder. this did feel pretty nice.

"you know, i really like you, yn," he spoke. "i hope that's not weird to say since it's our first date."

i laughed a little and looked up at him. "of course it's not weird. i really like you too."

he looked down at me. "really?"

i nodded. "i kind of had a thing for you at your hockey game last month. you know, when trevor was there. i thought you were cute."

he laughed. "you know, so did i. trevor was making hand signals to me saying that there was a cute girl next to him watching the game."

"oh my gosh i saw the hand signals, but i had no idea that's what it meant."

"you did?"

"yeah."

we both laughed, but tried to keep our voices down in the theater.

"you remember when he said that you should give me a smooch?" i asked, laughing again.

he laughed too and nodded.

"do you think maybe that offer still stands?" i asked him.

"yeah, one hundred percent."

i smiled. he leaned down to kiss me and it felt like literal fireworks on the fourth of july. all i can say is that this was much better than my playdoh date years ago.

|authors note|
hey! so i rly like this one and i hope you do too! how is everyone?! okie well i hope everyone has a nice day. see you in the next one. here's your daily jack pic! xx

damn i wish he could look at me like that😔😔