Chapter 36. The Letter

Like any man would say, love is something that no mind can truly understand. The way the heart and the mind work are so dissimilar. They both offer choices where we had no option but to select one. Commonly, the mind will give the essential choice, a choice which will lead you to the right path while the heart presents the choice where you can be blithe without the fear of what the world thinks about you and your decision.

Most people are likely to choose the choice suggested by the mind. This choice looks into every aspect and considers the entity of other people. This choice tends to please the world's expectations and neglects its own personal meanings. Only a few would have chosen the choice of the heart, for it is often connoted as a selfish one. It defies the judgments and the dictations of others. They will choose what makes them happy. This kind of choice is frequently depicted in stories and tales, but in our world, you wouldn't necessarily think that this choice really proves the idea of true love. Sometimes, it can be sacrifice, it doesn't mean that you have to be united together as one in order to call it love. As long as love dwells in your heart, no matter how distant you are from the person you care about, love will never diminish but will stay stronger still.

* H-B P
Snape watched the rain splash across the windowpane before he started the day. He had his own owl checked twice this day, hoping the girl who never stopped flooding his mind profusely would ever show him a sign. He didn't know what he wanted. He just knew he had to know how she was now after all of those months. He placed the quill back to the table as he closed his journal shut.

It had been six months, and he was still reaching towards a dream he understood will never come true. Thoughts of her blurred his mind every day. How he imagined how tight he should've held her hand. How he shouldn't have let go when he had the chance. If only she could see him now. He was far from recovery, but his rude actions still proved him proud. He would never let them know how much he grieved to see one particular person.

During faculty meetings, Professor Mcgonagall will always find a way to mention her name, from which burns and melts his heart like a candle. He would immediately shove the topic away and reprimand the older teacher telling her those who left shouldn't be brought up anymore. No one knew. It was a lie.

He wanted to relax a bit before facing the students from his class for the day. He opened a muggle radio only to hear a song that didn't soothe him at all. Instead, it instilled more regret and pain in his heart.

S

March was the last time he saw the dazzling smile of one Hermione Granger, and he just sneered at the sight. He never thought how much he'd miss that. He would give anything, just to see that smile again.

He tried to spy on the two Gryffindor males this morning. He hoped maybe she would send them letters since it is her birthday after all. As far as he can recall, she loved birthdays. She even greeted him and tried to give him a gift, but he only turned the young lady away. He knew that act must've hurt her, but after their little trip to the forest after their separate Hogsmeade peregrinations, he must've made her so happy.

He waited for a long time and was on the verge of giving up when a certain snowy white owl flew past the Great Hall. The owl automatically went to its owner and dropped the parcel tied on its claws. Harry Potter smiled to the owl gratefully as he took the small package from his pet. The other boy, Weasley, gave the owl a baked morsel before the owl left and joined the other owls.

Snape wanted to snatch the letter the moment he saw Potter's lips say Hermione. But he knew he had no right to do that. That would attract too much attention. Until then, he watched the boys closely and saw the most precious letter from Granger tucked inside Potter's robes. He would pay anything to possess that paper. It was from her. How he missed her so much.
❄❄❄