Chapter 7. Debt

The man wearing exquisite black robes felt an obtrusive pain which struck him bitterly, his mind seemed to burst and he had hoped that he was just dreaming.
Hermione Granger held her Professor's hands and lifted his face so she could look at him better. His face was unrecognizable at first glance. When the teacher saw her face, Snape squeezed Hermione's hand so that she felt like crying. He locked his hands in Hermione's arms and he wasn't letting her go.

"Help me."

Her face softened and she wanted to help him. She was about to hold his hand when a silent scream escaped Snape's mouth. His suffering was too onerous for her to watch so she knew she better do something ASAP.
Hermione had quickly formulated an idea and she tried to do it before someone saw them. She took out her wand when she felt that the rough grip of Professor on her hand loosened, for he had passed out already.

The place was damp. The door was encrusted with dust and grime hence, it seemed pristine and antiquated. Cobwebs were assumed to be living there for ages.

He was asleep for a couple of hours. Hermione sat beside her Professor. She brought him to his chambers by levitating him and letting him fall on the soft sheets of his bed.
Hermione's eyes can't help but admire the beautiful surroundings even if the room felt so dark and old. You would probably even think you're inside a horror house or something. Except, everything was organized and the room was somehow scrubbed clean but not all places, though.

After a few minutes, he was awakened by the malicious cold burp of the wind. He tried hard to stand, his eyes still bored to dilate. He looked around at his new environment, unsure of his next move because he was trying to remember the previous events that occurred.
His feet were still unsteady and he fell with a loud thud. Hermione who was watching him intently, abruptly ran to him and helped him get up.
Tears shot into his eyes making her very worried.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling now, Professor?" She made eye contact with him but he instantly avoided the compassionate pair of golden eyes. His face appeared wounded but you can still see the delimited wrath prowling in his murky eyes.

Obviously, he couldn't speak. Something prevented him from doing something that's why Hermione asked no more. Snape tried to face his student and spoke to her through her mind.

"Miss Granger, why are you strolling outside at this time of night? How very irresponsible of you. Minerva will hear about this."

Hermione rolled her eyes discreetly at her Professor. A second passed and her eyes grew round again when she realized he was using Legilimency on her.

"What the..." Hermione looked at him creepily this time.
"Sir, if I may, what are you doing in the hallway at 10 pm? You looked quite... hideous back there."

Snape's voice floated through her mind, admonishing her for asking questions.

"You dare ask your teacher what he is doing? Do you think I will give a reasonable answer? Such a disgrace, Miss Granger. 10 points from Gryffindor. Watch your words. You are only a student!"

Hermione's eyes sparkled with transparent liquid when she looked up at him. Snape looked so hurt yet his mind reeked with pure loathing and anger.

"I am sorry Professor. It was truly a mistake going out at this time of night. I hope you'll be okay." Hermione's face was covered with her caramel curls while she ran for the door.
Snape, seeing as he had just offended a student, the student who helped him, snorted in disgust.
And that was when a sharp twinge emerged on his chest. It seemed that a knife was gently burying across his chest. The pain was excruciating and he lost control of himself. Tears prickled his eyes as the pain worsened.
Hermione was about to open the door when shouts of agony procured the room. She returned back to her Professor when a hateful sound revealed itself from the stillness.