Overlord (Part 1)

**Kuro**

My trip to dreamland was rudely interrupted when I felt something poked my cheeks. However, when I opened my eyes, I saw a lady, clad in black dress, and a mourning veil instead of a stick that should be hitting my face.

"Ah, great! At least you're finally awake."

Then I realized, it was the Overseer Saint, Seirna.

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked her. "I thought you're someplace else, since you declined our invitation?"

"Your room?" she laughed. "Look around and wake up from your slumber, otherworlder!"

So, I did what she said, and the horrible truth dawned on me. This was not my room. And what's even more baffling was, this was the private chamber of the Elf Saint, the Lady Hinwe...

"..."

...whom I found still sleeping on the bed beside me. Then, I remembered. Right, something hit me on the head last time, I blacked out.

"That'd be the Lady Hinwe," Seirna quipped.

"What?"

"She must've used her 'massage' specialty on you and forced you to sleep," she was nonchalant. "Did this elf get drunk?"

I nodded.

"Yep, figures," the Overseer Saint confirmed. "One thing that you shouldn't do when the Lady Hinwe gets her hands on any alcohol is to be by her side. She'll literally try to break your neck."

"Wait, she did say she's sober!"

"Indeed, she is. And she always gets this urge to 'massage' someone who helps her right after getting her head clear."

"That's weird."

"I agree," Seirna heaved a sigh. "Every saint has their quirks, hence the Lord Gaius assigned me to be their overseer. Perhaps he knew of this outcome."

"Well, he's a former god, so..."

"Any case," the Overseer Saint went back to her original purpose. "About your invitation, I declined it. You know yourself that I'm not one to join such minor matters."

"Do you even enjoy your life?"

"Why do you care?" she chuckled, as her hands inadvertently went to her neck. "We nearly killed each other before, so let's draw the line before we get too fuzzy with each other."

"Alright. So, what's up with you appearing here in the Lady Hinwe's room."

"I need to fetch you," was her answer. "The Lady Rubinforth, Lady Ruro, Lady Bellingsen and other dignitaries are waiting for you in the library."

For a minute, I tried to process what Seirna told me. I mean, I was shocked; I remembered nothing in my schedule to formally meet with anyone today.

"Well, to be fair, it's not yet the next day," the Overseer Saint cleared. "If you want to ask, it's only two hours since the start of the long sleep. However, I think everyone's waiting for you to appear at the library when I came. They are wondering what's taking you for so long, so I volunteered to look for you."

"What..."

Seirna sighed once again. "Otherworlder, the final phase of your plan? You're the one who asked us to come, and yet here you are, sleeping with a sleazy elf."

Oh, right. Oh...fucking right! I did ask some of my friends and supporters to come to the palace library, since I'd want to discuss something with them on the execution of the third phase of my plan about the Lady Hinwe. As my head cleared, I realized that Maddie and the others were waiting for nearly two hours in the library when they should've been sleeping in their rooms right now.