The Truth of the Matter (Part 1)

***The city of Dorian, Cherwoods***

The elf Lord Ingwe had made sure that no one else saw him enter the inner room of his home, not even his family. Then, just to be extra secure, he cast a spell that tried to detect anyone nearby; much to his relief, there was no one, save for a few guards standing outside, on the other side of his house's walls. After that, he locked the door of the room, doubled it with another spell, and waited for his visitors to appear.

"!!!"

With a quick flash of light, the Saint of the Flame, Seirna, appeared with the human spymaster, Umberto Benicci, and an elf, ostensibly a 'spy' employed by them. With him was a bag, full of picture books they called 'manga', which they planned to distribute to other elf settlements.

"Where's His Grace, the Lord Kuro of Arles?" the Lord Ingwer asked.

"The man's got his own business," was Umberto's answer. "Your saint is getting popular back in Chersea, and she's gathering support there, more than what we initially expected. So, he asked us to go in his stead, for he has to bring things under control."

"I...I see..." The news brought mixed feelings to the Lord Ingwer. While he didn't approve the person directing the elves back in the Saint's Tree, he was also afraid that once the Lady Hinwe got back into her throne, the threat of the advancing sands would remain as it was.

"Don't worry about it, elf lord," the Saint of the Flame assured him. "He may look like some random human bloke, but the otherworlder can be relied upon. As of now, we're seeing good progress with Her Holiness the Lady Hinwe. Let's hope that when the time finally comes, she is determined to rule properly."

"Yes, Your Holiness..."

"Lord Ingwer," it was Umberto. "This is Cerdan, a Chersean elf." He presented the young long-ears to the elf lord. "His parents fled Cherwoods long ago, perhaps even before I was born. Cerdan may not look like it, but that's exactly why I chose him. He'll oversee operations from here in Dorian. Have you already prepared your own people for this?"

The Lord Ingwer nodded, "They're quite easy to convince; all of us prefer distributing and explaining learning materials, than killing our neighbors."

"Great. I'll leave Cerdan with you."

And with that, the operation to redeem the Lady Hinwe's name began.

----------

**Kuro**

"Hey, we need to talk."

"!!!" When I opened my eyes, I was back in that white...err...I don't know if this was a room or some field. Wherever my eyes looked, all I could see was white. However, in the middle of that whiteness stood a man, in his Roman legionnaire uniform, and with a friendly grin to his face.

"Better than my garden, no?" Gaius chuckled.

"Actually, I prefer that than this...white...blank-ness, I guess?" I replied.

"Well, can't help it," the former god shrugged. "I have no control over this place anymore; it's on you, Kuro. This is a representation of your thoughts. And, as you sleep back in the mortal realms, nothing is going on in your mind, hence, the whiteness."

"Oh...will it change if I think of a scenery?"

"Who knows? Why don't you try it?"

I closed my eyes and imagined a green, lush scenery, complete with the bright sun and azure skies that met at the horizon. Then...

"!!!"

"Oh...!" the former god exclaimed. "You're really one old-fashioned guy, Kuro! Why did you choose the wallpaper of Wind*ws XP?"