The Funniest Delay || 14

Requested by itss_deeepts_!!! Enjoyy!!!

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 26.

"Don't act up, Aeri!!! It's clear that you purposely shared the top secret facts of our assignment with the other group!!!"

Hearing the set of words of Yoona, the leader of the group which Aeri is grouped to get her latest science presentation done, she felt so disheartened as she didn't purposely betrayed her whole group like the leader is saying.

Aeri feels like her phone is too heavy to keep hold and she didn't taste the metallic flavour which is caused by her bleeding lower lip, a result of high nervous and anxiety as this is the very first time she's facing something like this.

"B-but try to understand, Yoona... It was an accident. I didn't understand that they were trying to fool me---"

"Come on Aeri, I don't need any explanations and stop acting like a baby. I already told Miss.Park that you aren't in our team anymore..."

"But---"

Aeri's soft voice let out a word involuntarily and her moistened eyes fix on the door of her room as it was opened by Jungkook who's wearing concerned expressions on his face. Seeing his sister's gloomy features his worry grew more, again proving himself that his instincts are never wrong.

"D-don't do like that Yoona... I swear that I didn't do it on purpose, I never would've told the slightest thing if I understood that they were being cunning---"

"Enough of your drama. Are you serious, Jeon? I knew you were innocent, but why are you so stupid? Now please, don't bother our group anymore. Miss.Park told me that you will need to do the assignment all alone as a punishment. She'll let you know more about the situation in the school tomorrow..."

"Yoona---"

Even before Aeri could say something Yoona declines the call and she sighs softly, throwing the phone on her table which made Jungkook's eyes widened, of course he couldn't care less because it's his money. But seeing his distressed sister he immediately ignores it, understanding that this is not the time to emphasis anything about the phone.

"Everything's been so stressful lately..."

Aeri mumbles out while rubbing her eyes to get rid of the warm liquid, her lips are moulded into a deep pout. She approches Jungkook who was sitting on her bed and claims his lap, making the boy immediately wrap her in a comforting hug.

"What happened ri? Why was that girl shouting at you?"

He gently questions, glancing at Aeri's redish eyes which are reacting way too fast for crying. His gaze next shifts on her bleeding lip and an inaudible sigh leaves his lips, as he wipes away the tiny drop of blood which is barely visible.

"You are hurting yourself even without knowing..."

He says while glancing at the cut on her lower lip which is clearly visible now.

"Everyone is making me sad Koo...."

"What happened with my baby hmm?"

"You remember about my science presentation? The group work?"

"Of course, love. How could I forget it?, you were so excited to involve in that..."

"Mhm... You know our leader, Yoona, right Koo? She's our class president too. She's very creative and confident, so I was really happy when I got selected to her group. When she decided the way of making our presentation, she added very creative ways of doing it even though the subject is science..."