Change || 14

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 23.

Officer Jeon Jungkook...

The most cold, talented and the strict police officer you will ever meet. He killed his sympathy years ago, nothing can make him a warm and melting person. He never has betrayed the cases he got in the past few years. He had a horrible childhood, memorise of abusive people as his parents died when he was too young. But he never gave up and ended being one of the most reparative police officer in Seoul.

Jungkook hold the gun, covering himself to a dirty wall. He eyed his fellows to move right after him. With the pass of a millisecond, he draggs his body away from the wall, pointing the gun to the atmosphere while a serious look covers his face.

"Fuck!! we missed them..."

He says as he doesn't find the criminal he want. His fellows soon search the room, finding tons of drugs, gold and so many riches. Jungkook looks out from the window, while his eyes are obtaining the surrounding carefully and mind is busy with analysing where the criminal should be.

"Sir, we are done with taking reports and all. We can leave the place now"

"You may go. I'll come in minutes. Need to study this place a bit"

"Okay sir"

The fellow officer left him, making Jungkook the only person that present in the old building.

He take speedy strides around the building, at last his eyes find a room that has locked. Every room in the building didn't have doors and it make him curious about this room.

"Why only this one has a door?"

He mumbles to himself while he take steady steps towards the door, loading his gun, cause there is a huge possibility to him in being danger. He tries to open it and when he realises it has locked, he shoots the lock, opening the door. His eyes go widen after seeing a girl, probably under 15 years old. Any cloth bearly covers her, bruises are visible on her body. He gulps, feeling tears in his eyes after a such long time. He hasn't seen anything that disgusting for his whole life time, and the fact he forced himself to be a cold person doesn't change the fact that he's a sensitive person.
He steps near the girl, now seeing her chapped lips and skinny limbs. She isn't in her sense at all. Jungkook softly wrapped her with the duvet his eyes caught, while the girl keep doing weak protests against his touch. Small drops of tears left her eyes, making Jungkook's eyes even more teary.

"Don't worry kiddo. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm here to save you yeah?"

He says from the softest voice he belongs.

"I found her inside a room. Quickly drive to the hospital"

Jungkook demands as he settle down in the car. He keep the girl close to him, try to keep her warm. The girl gradually falls asleep in Jungkook's comfortable embrace, as she's too weak from the suffers she had gone through.

Jungkook steals glances of the girl time to time while the ride to the hospital. Suddenly his eyes catch a tag that is wrapping around the girl's wrist. He takes a look at it, being careful to not to wake the girl up.

"Y/n? I guess it's her name...so strange"

He mumbles to himself, being thoughtful for a while.

"You have a work to do. Check whether we have got any complaints of a missing child named y/n"

"Alright sir"

--

Jungkook sighs as he couldn't focus on his work. He feels so down today, after seeing the girl's condition discovered from a strange room. He stands up, deciding to check the girl who has hospitalised. He walks out from his office, earning respective salutes from his juniors.