Believe Me || 17

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 28.

A soft sigh leaves Aeri's lips and she turns to her side as she's laying down on her comfy bed while a thin layer of tears blurred her a vision a bit. She stares at the group chat of her school and her eyes move with the every new text that's been sent by her classmates about her.

Sunhi -the famous girl in the school kept spreading unwanted rumours about Aeri and she didn't know why she does that. Probably she felt disheartened because Aeri received a bit of attention than her a couple of weeks ago for wining the singing competition of their annual talent show, yet Aeri didn't see it as something to put that much drama on.

Aeri was a silent kid in the school and the rumours were fine at the beginning, but after seeing her emotionally fond reactions to them Sunhi has made it worse and Aeri felt like she's crossing her lines now.

Wiping the tiny stream of tears which left her right eye Aeri straightens up on the bed, keeping her phone aside before leaving her room. She silently steps towards Jungkook's study where he spends the most of his time if he's home. It's not like he didn't show his love for his sister, but he wasn't a fan of staying sticked to her twenty four seven because he always thought that she doesn't need much attention now as he believed that she's grown up enough to handle her own problems and she's too old to get pampered by him. When she was little, their parents were there to love her limitless so Jungkook didn't bother about her that much and after their parent's pass, he showed some of his affection and love on her. But it was beyond Aeri's expectations. She often would watch videos about close or annoying siblings, only to end up getting curious when Jungkook will start to play a real brother's role.

Knocking on the door Aeri waits for a second and Jungkook calls her in which made the girl unlock the door and enter inside. The brother sends her a smile after seeing her and she smiles a little, closing the door behind and approaching him.

"What are you doing Koo?"

"Nothing much..."

Aeri inaudibly sighs, feeling upset as Jungkook didn't even spend a glance on her to notice how sad she looks.

"Can we talk a bit?"

"Not now, ri... I'm busy..."

Aeri silently nods at him and her mood dropped drastically as the only person she can trust didn't even want to listen to her when she's struggling. She kept fiddling with her fingers, thinking twice before asking a question which kept her excited for past few days.

"Koo?"

"Hmm?"

"Are we going out tomorrow? And having a movie night tonight?"

Jungkook chuckles, still not bothering about Aeri's presence much as he kept typing his document.

"Come on, ri... I was just agreeing because you were kinda annoying me. Well, I'll try my best to take you out tomorrow but we can't have the movie night..."

Aeri nods to that too, feeling somewhat fine as he atleast said that he's trying to take her out tomorrow. It's been years since she went to a park and played or went on a sibling day out. She couldn't even recall a time Jungkook showed some real bit of affection on her, listened to her problems or hugged her. It's true that he didn't scold her when she would score less, but the sister couldn't be enough of it as the only thing she needed was true affection and care.

"You don't even have a few more seconds to listen to me?"

Aeri asks for a one last time while staring at her feet with teary eyes, hoping Jungkook would give her a positive reply as she feels herself sounding like begging.