True Success || 16

Jungkook's age in this chapter
is 22.

Jungkook's phone rangs, while his eyes keep attached to the computer screen. After seeing it's y/n's class teacher he answers it immediately, while his mind is confused, thinking that y/n is in a trouble again.

"Hello?"

"Is this Mr.Jeon?"

"Yes"

"Actually, it's seems like y/n is sick. She was about to faint at the morning and it's look like her sickness has gotten bad, even she doesn't tell. I would be grateful if you can pick her up from the school..."

Jungkook nibbles his lower lip, knowing there are really thin chances to leave the office right now.

"Umm...Can I talk to y/n?"

"Of course"

After a silence of few seconds, Jungkook hears y/n's soft voice from the other side of the phone.

"Koo?"

"Hey princess? What happened?"

"Umm...my red week started last night and..."

She says, lowering her voice.

"Oh. I got it but..."

Jungkook sigh, being disappointed about himself.

"It's okay oppa. I know it's hard to leave your office right now. I can manage, I'm okay"

"I'm sorry baby. I really..."

"Stop being sorry oppa. It's okay"

Jungkook can imagine her face with a soft smile.

"Alright princess, I'm sorry. I atleast will try okay? Take care"

Jungkook punches in air, letting out a soft sigh.

"What a bad brother I am?"

He mumbles to himself, as the flashback of y/n's utterance replays in his mind. He wanted to be with her and take care of her when the most toughest time he know she got, but he couldn't as his CEO didn't let him to do so. They faced severe economy crisis after their parents passed away. A ton of responsibilities suddenly landed on Jungkook. He has to do a job with strict limits while managing his university too. He has to earn for afford food, has to manage y/n's and his school fees and many more thing. The only relief he has is a small house with a only one room, a small kitchen, and a tiny bathroom. It's enough for himself and his lovey dovey sister who always understand him at a huge cost. She even does a part time job, hoping to help her brother atleast abit.

With few more steps he reaches their tiny house. He hurriedly opens the door and steps towards the room, after keeping his bag away. His eyes catch y/n's body which has curled to a ball. She is hugging her pillow, eyes are closing, but Jungkook know she never can has a good sleep when she's on her red days, as she's having insomnia in those days. He sits on the bed and his hands brush her soft hair.

"Oh, Koo...you are home"

"Yeah. How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright"

Y/n says while settling down on the bed.

"Well, you are not good at lying at all"

"Umm...I don't know, oppa. Today's payment is on the table..."

She says while scratching her neck, head hanging low.

"Payment? Seriously y/n? You went to work when you bearly even can stand by yourself?"

"Don't shout Koo. I said I'm alright"

Jungkook couldn't help but feel guilty, at the same time he felt his heart getting warm infront of y/n's sacrifice.

"I don't know baby... I'm sorry"

He says, pulling her to a warm hug.

"Don't be so sorry when you didn't do anything wrong. I just want to have a bit of the work you do just to make my life better. I'm strong afterall. I think I have proved it enough times"

She says, snuggling to him. Jungkook doesn't find any words to reply her, instead he keep rubbing circles on her back.

--

Y/n finds a stressed Jungkook again, holding few bills and calculating something from the calculator. She sighs, tightening her grip on the handle of the cup of coffee.

"Oppa, drink this"

Jungkook gasps, while y/n settle down next to him and lay her head on Jungook's lap.

"I'm the one who suppose to take care of you, not you"

"Stop talking nonsense Koo. Just drink the coffee that I added so much love"

"You don't want?"

"I don't have any appetite. I'm good, oppa. You can drink it"

"You didn't take the dinner too"

"I'm good, Koo. I'll get my appetite back in few days. So don't worry"

He says nothing than smiling softly at her.

"Umm...Is everything alright oppa? Can't we manage the bills this month?"

Jungkook sighs, shaking his head with a soft smile written lips.

"I somehow will manage it, princess. Don't worry"

"I know you will do it somehow. And I found another fitting part time job, the payments are good too. I'll join with them"

"You don't need to baby. I can manage"

"You too, you are not good at lying at all..."

She says, smiling softly at him.

"...my cramps and back pain getting worse, can we sleep now?"

Jungkook nods, letting her stand up first. Next minute they both are clasping in each others embrace.

Y/n eventually falls asleep, but Jungkook keeps think about his amazing little sister. The world says that behind a every successful man, there is a woman. For him it is no one than y/n. Though she's little by her age, she's strong in her mind. And for Jungkook, that is his true success, their day after day growing bond, nor money or reputation.

"Have a good sleep, love. Oppa always love you, and thank you for helping me to stand by my feet today. I'm no one without you..."

He kisses her forehead, while a tiny smile kept on y/n's tired looking face.

________________________

A/n : I updated this because I missed writing stories so much.😭😭😭 that's why it's a small chapter.

This is the most regretting decision I took in my whole life so far🙂💔 but I'll be back after some months, with more good chapters 😭💜💜