Chapter 55 - The Ravens

Liam Hastington

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't scared of myself after receiving the results of that test. My parents were called, and they were shocked, but after talking to the experts, they agreed to let them help me.

I was gathered with six other people in a room.

I wasn't alone, and they looked unbothered by the fact that we were all psychopaths. We introduced ourselves to each other and shared a little information about ourselves.

We were called one by one to a room where they explained the test results to us and how they would help us. Not that I don't want help; it's just I don't think I'm a psychopath.

"Did they tell you they will study us for two years?" Vincent asked, and I nodded.

"They will have their eyes on us forever." Luke hissed, and I sat on my chair, looking at the ceiling. Suddenly, the door busted open, revealing A, who just finished his counseling.

"Let's grab something to eat. We have two hours to spare before they test us again." A said, and we all went out to get burgers together. Everyone was busy eating except A.

"I just love that seven psychos hanging out like this. We can gather together and kill people together." Kaleb said, making A turn to him.

"Good idea," Luke said and took a big bite of his burger.

"Let's do it." A said. Out of all the people here, A was the most mysterious. He didn't say much, and we all knew that he had the highest score, which made him the most lunatic.

"I was joking," Kaleb said.

"I'm not. Let's build a fucking empire and rule the world." A said and gave his burger to Luke.

"Are you sure? They said we have tendencies to kill people." Blake looked at him while sipping his coke.

"We're going to do both." A said, and I choked on my burger, completely shocked. I'm going to pre-med for the sake of my parents.

"How?"

"You're going to be a doctor." A pointed me. "You're going to be a civil engineer." He pointed at Luke. "You will take software engineering and computer science." He looked straight at Dean. "Kaleb, take mechanical engineering." A turned to Kaleb, who sat beside him. "Vincent will study medicine." Then he turned to Blake, "You'll do business and learn about tradings."

"What will you do?" Luke asked him.

"I'm going to take business and nuclear engineering." The seven of us looked at each other.

"If you don't want to join, feel free to walk away." A said.

"We're still sixteen." Kaleb reminded him.

"Fifteen here." Blake raised his hand.

"We're going to skip a year and enter college early. If you don't have the money, I can give it to you. As long as you're in, I will handle everything. If you decide to walk away after you sign the fucking contract, I'm going to kill you." I gulped nervously, and A turned to me.

"Are you in or not?" He asked me while looking straight into my eyes.

"I have to think about it."