Chapter 2 - Therapy

Alyssa Takada

I got up when I heard someone entering the apartment. My heart was racing, wondering who came to the penthouse at four in the morning. I turned to Liam, still sleeping, and got off the bed to lock the bedroom door.

The sound of that person going through the cabinets numbs my whole body. I cornered myself and turned off the lights to hide. I bit my thumb anxiously.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed my lungs out and unlocked the door in panic. I left the room and found a man standing in the kitchen, holding a knife.

"Please... please don't hurt me." I took a few steps back and looked around to find something I could use. I grabbed the nearest vase, and the man turned his attention away from me to Liam, who was standing in front of the door.

I ran towards Liam and stood in front of him. The man in the kitchen put the knife down and raised his hands in the air.

"He's my chef, Alyssa." What? "That's Arnold, my chef." Liam introduced him, but my brain still doesn't allow me to process everything.

"I'm Arnold, Mrs.Hastington. This is our first meeting." Arnold introduced himself, and I turned to Liam, who looked at me, annoyed. I tried to calm myself down and took a deep breath before letting it out slowly.

"Sorry. I had a nightmare." I apologized instantly, and he sighed. He sat on the dining table, and Arnold served him coffee. I turned to the clock, and it was four.

"It's so early. Do you have work this early?" I asked Liam, still standing far away from the two men.

"I have to go to the hospital at five, and I have surgery at seven." He said as he sipped his coffee. "Can I come with you?" I asked, and he turned to me like I just asked the stupidest question.

"Should I move our honeymoon to next week?" I asked.

"I said you can go alone. I don't have time to go on a honeymoon with you." Ouch. I guess this is what it feels like to marry someone that I love but doesn't love me back.

"You'll be coming to the event tonight, right?" I asked in a cautious tone.

"Yeah."

"Okay then." I walked back to our room and decided to take a hot shower. I put my hoodie and sweatpants on, ready to tag Liam along. I don't want to be in the apartment alone, and I don't feel safe and comfortable.

I walked out of the bathroom, and Liam immediately went to shower. I put on light makeup and put my hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my phone and bag, ready to follow him.

"What are you doing?" He walked out of the bathroom half-naked. Liam is tall and lean, with the perfect amount of muscles. My eyes were glued to his body, completely forgetting the question.

"Alyssa." He called, and my eyes snapped back to him.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?" He asked for the second time.

"I want to go to the hospital with you. I'll hang out at their coffee shop." I said as he walked to his closet, taking out his black sweater and grey pants.

"Don't you have work?"

"I do, but it's still so early." He combed his hair and sprayed some perfume. I quickly followed him and held his hand. I waved at Arnold, and we both went out of the penthouse.

"Mr. and Mrs.Hastington, good morning." Rocky greeted us, and I smiled. He opened the car door for us, and I got in.

"As for tonight's event, no one knows we're married. Do you understand? Don't even think about wearing your ring." He raised his voice a little.

"Okay." I looked out the window. Throughout our way to the hospital, none of us talk. I turned to Liam to look at him, and I always wondered how I fell in love with this man when all he did was mean to me.

"We're here, Mr. and Mrs. Hastington," Rocky said as he stopped at the lobby. Liam got out first, and he didn't even bother to say goodbye to me. After he got inside, I got out and thanked Rocky.

I walked straight to the coffee shop and started queueing.

"I told you there's nothing that Doctor Liam can't do. He's talented, and not to mention that he's handsome." I turned to see four nurses queueing behind me. I can't help but smile hearing that they praise Liam's talent. "Have you wondered if he has a girlfriend or not?"

"He dated Doctor Thea, remember?" He dated someone from the hospital before. How come I didn't know about it? "I don't think he dated her, and I think they're screwing each other."

"People thought they would be the end game, but I guess not. Doctor Thea is like the perfect woman for him. How I wish I could be her..." They continued to talk about Liam and Thea.

"Good morning. What can I get you today?" I smiled at the cashier.

"Can I get an iced tiramisu latte with oat milk, please?"

"Sure. Anything else?" I shook my head and gave him my card to pay. He gestured for me to wait on the side, and I decided to sit down facing all the nurses.

"Good morning." A beautiful redhead woman came into the picture, wearing a black scrub.

"Doctor Thea, we're good." My whole body turned rigid seeing Doctor Thea. She's so beautiful. She has long ginger hair, green eyes, and a curvy body. I looked down to see nothing but a flatboard.

No wonder Liam dated Thea before.

"Iced Tiramisu latte for Ms.Alyssa." I turned my attention to the barista who called my name. I got up and grabbed my tiramisu latte.

My phone vibrated.

Doctor Jasmine: Good morning, Alyssa. How are you feeling today?
Doctor Jasmine: Don't forget that we have a morning session tomorrow.
Doctor Jasmine: How have you been doing lately?

I sighed and told her I'd attend my morning therapy session.