Chapter 49 - Faster

Alyssa Takada

When I exited my car, Liam was already waiting with a file and a bouquet of red roses. He looked tired, but he was smiling big.

"For you." He put his hands out, and I received the flowers and the essay. I gave my secretary the flowers and gestured Liam to follow me.

Ever since he decided to wait outside of my office a month ago, he has lost a lot of weight. He looked pale and tired. He looked like he needed a lot of rest. He has been giving me presents non-stop, which I rejected and gave back to him.

But he deserves it.

"Where are we going?" He asked as he tried to keep up with my pace.

"Grab breakfast." I walked into the restaurant right behind my office building. It's a small restaurant for traditional Japanese breakfast. I led him in, and there were so many people inside. We grabbed a table near the kitchen, and Liam looked so confused.

I ordered us two breakfast sets.

I opened the file for the essay and took a glance at Liam. He looked nervous and didn't say a word regarding the essay.

"I'm going to read it," I said, and he nodded.

"I did my best, and I hope I give you enough reasons to take me back. I won't fuck it up again, I promise." I opened the file and was shocked to see only one page.

First of all, I want to apologize for all the times that I've hurt you. I won't be able to forgive myself until the day I die, and I promise I will never repeat it.

The first reason why you should give me another chance is because I can't live without it. I realized it too late, but now I know

The only reason why you should give me another chance is that I can't live without you. I know there are lots of good men out there who deserve someone like you, and I'm a thousand percent that you can live happily without me, but I can't. I can't imagine my life without you in it. I've done admitting that I'd rather be alone. I've done acknowledging that I'm a dead man inside. You made me feel so alive, happy, and complete. When you left, I was nothing but an empty shell. The world started to slow down, and all the colors started to disappear. I need you as much as I need air to breathe. I love you, Alyssa Takada. I love you so much that I'm willing to do anything and give up anything just for you to be in my life again.

I looked up with tears in my eyes. I returned the essay to the file, and the food came just in time. Liam was waiting for me to say something, but I decided to eat first.

"Eat," I said, and he grabbed his spoon but didn't even touch it.

"You said you would do anything, right?"

"Yes. I will." He put the spoon down, and I looked straight into his eyes.

"Go back to New York and wait." He looked like he wanted to say something, but I gestured for him not to. "I want you to take the next flight to New York and wait. I want you to live your life as it is, and don't quit your job at the hospital because you're a great doctor."

"Alyssa, I—"

"Can you wait for me?" I cut him, and he nodded.

"I can." He said in a small tone.

"I won't give you any time frame, and I just want you to wait. I don't know if it'll be a month, a year, or maybe a decade." He looked like he wanted to protest. I raised my eyebrows, and he closed his eyes for a moment.

"I can wait that long, but I don't think I can if I don't see you." I glared at him, and he let out a sigh.

"If you're not—"

"Fine. I will." I continued to eat my food, and Liam ate his. After I finished, I got up and paid for the food. I made my way out, and Liam followed me.

"When will I see you again?" He stood in front of me.

"You'll never know."

"I will die, Alyssa." He looked at me sadly.

"That's not my problem. You can die. That way, it'll be easy—"

"No!" He cut me before I could finish my sentence. He raised his hands, "Fine. I'll do it." He let out a long sigh.

"Good." I walked past him.

"Can I at least get a hug?" I stopped my tracks and turned to him.

"No." I smirked, "See you next time."

Liam Hastington

"Didn't you tell me you will stay in Tokyo?" Blake asked as he put a glass of cold water before me.

"Don't talk to me."

"Did she dump you?" He ignored my warning, and I glared at him. He raised both his hands and smiled.

"You look like an idiot." He winked.

"You look like a cow." I hissed, and he glared at me.

"What is this gathering called? The miserables." Kaleb joined us, and I can't believe that they want to gather when I'm not in the mood to fucking talk.

"Blake told me you won't return soon, but here you are. I'm so happy that you're here." Kaleb said in a very sarcastic tone.

"Kaleb! Why the fuck are you here?!" Vincent came into the room to grab Kaleb. I bet something's wrong with their project. Kaleb tends to ruin it.

"What happened with you and Alyssa?" Blake asked, and I let out a long sigh.

"She wanted me to wait. She doesn't specify until when..."

"Marriage sucks."

"For you, not for me."

"Well, your marriage sucks." I ignored him and took a sip.

It's been a day, but it felt like a decade already. I wanted to see her, talk to her, and be with her. I admitted that I deserve this, but this is too much.

I wish she would change her mind faster.