Chapter 16 - Very Well

Alyssa Takada

I looked at the hospital food that Rocky had just given to me. I was so hesitant even to take a bite. The chicken looked dry, the rice was too mushy, and the soup was not seasoned.

"Don't be a kid." Liam hissed at me from the nurse station. He's been sitting there, doing God knows what. I ignored his remarks and turned to Rocky.

"I need to use the restroom." He immediately helped me stand up, and Liam took over. I pushed him away and grabbed Rocky again.

"I don't need your help." Rocky led me to the toilet, but Liam was following us. Rocky gave me my crutch, and I opened the toilet door. Liam joined me, and I turned to him, annoyed.

"What are—"

"You won't be able to sit down or to take off your pants. You need my help." I wanted to protest, but he's right. He helped me pull my pants down and held on to me so I could sit down. After I was done peeing, I wiped myself and stood up slowly. He helped me put my pants on and led me to the sink.

"You can go back to work. Rocky can help me." I said, looking at him through the mirror. Liam didn't even bother to react to my statement.

We walked out of the toilet, and people looked at us weirdly. The other doctors and nurses wondered why I let Liam into the bathroom with me. Liam helped me walk back to my hospital bed.

"I'll move you to a room in the evening." He stated as I lay down.

"Okay."

"You can go back to work. I don't want you to lecture me on how I'm holding you back."

"It's my off day."

"Then go have fun. I bet you're sick of seeing me." I grabbed my phone, and he took it away from me, throwing it on the ground.

"Liam!"

"You're here to rest, not to text other people." With that, he left. Rocky picked up my phone and put it into his pants pocket.

Every hour, a nurse came to check on my IV and my condition. They looked at me like they wanted to ask something, and I knew they were very curious about Liam. I bet they're wondering what my relationship with him was.

"We're friends," I stated, which made the nurse who came to me feel so confused.

"I think everyone was wondering what my relationship with Liam is. We're friends, and our family knew each other." I saw Rocky look at me weirdly.

"Okay." The nurse chuckled awkwardly.

I fell asleep for a few hours and woke up around two pm. I was going to call Rocky for help, but he's gone.

"What do you want?" I almost jumped when Liam asked me. He was watching from the nurse station with some files in his hands.

"Where's Rocky?"

"He's taking a break." I lay on the bed again, not wanting to ask Liam to buy me some food.

"What do you want?" He asked again, but I didn't even bother to answer him.

"Don't make me ask you three times, Alyssa." He warned, and people were looking at him and me. Why is he acting like this? He's not embarrassed that people were looking?

"Nothing." I turned to the table beside my bed and grabbed my phone. I scrolled through the delivery app, planning to buy sushi or a burger.

Suddenly, Rocky came back, and he brought some food. My eyes widened, and I smiled.

"For you." He brought some sushi for me and put it on the table.

"You're such an angel, Rocky."

"Mr.Hastington sent me to buy it." I turned to Liam, and he didn't even bother to turn to me. I don't even believe that he has the heart to think that I want food.

"I know it's not him who asked you. Thank you, Rocky."

"Wipe your hands first." Liam bluntly said, and Rocky quickly gave me a hand wipe.

"Thank you, Rocky." I started eating my sushi. I'm so hungry, and this is the best meal to fill my hunger.

Liam Hastington

I just finished submitting all the patients' charts and instructed some nurses to check a particular patient regularly. I walked back to the emergency room, ready to tell Alyssa that I was moving her.

My eyes narrowed when Ren visited her. She was talking and laughing with him. Not to mention, he brought her some food.

"He just came around five minutes ago. I was going to tell you." Rocky stood beside me, and I walked towards her.

"We're moving you to your room," I announced, causing them to turn to me. Alyssa's attention quickly went back to Ren.

"We can conti—"

"You should go. She needs some rest." I said, cutting Alyssa. Ren turned me, nodding his head. He then talked to her in Japanese and hugged her before leaving.

"Should have blown his head." I turned to Rocky, and he nodded, agreeing to it.

"I want to go home." She stated.

"Home where? Ren's house or our apartment?" I asked, and she was not happy with my question.

"Ren's house. He will take care of me better than you. You'll end up throwing me to the streets since I'm such a pain in your ass." She glared at me.

"Don't make me throw Lili and Riri away..." She forgot that she had two pets at home, didn't she? She turned to Rocky.

"Can you go and feed them? Liam will let them starve."

"I fed them," I said, but she ignored me.

"Can you bring them here, Rocky?"

"No."

"Why not? You'll let them die!"

"I said I fucking fed them, Alyssa." I'm starting to lose my patience. She's so infuriating.

"Okay."

"You're being difficult." I hissed.

"You're the one who is being difficult! It would be best if you didn't watch me constantly when all you did was scold and get angry. I'm already accepting the fact that you hate me, so please... I don't need you to be mean to me all the time! I know I was wrong and that everything happened because I'm stupid!" She burst angrily at me and started to cry.

"Very well."