Chapter 7 - Missing

Alyssa Takada

My eyes snapped open, and I turned to see Liam sleeping soundly beside me. I was surprised that the lights were still on, and I left the bed. I checked the time and it's two in the morning.

I walked out, and the lights were still on. I was so confused. Did Liam forget to turn it off?

I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. His fridge was filled with water bottles, fruits, and green juice. I need to buy some snacks tomorrow and fill the fridge. I grabbed one green juice bottle and walked towards the tall glass window.

I smiled, seeing the night lights, and sat on the floor while sipping my green juice.

I turned my head when I heard the door open, revealing Liam.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"Yeah." He's so honest, isn't he?

"Sorry." He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of green juice. He then made his way to the living room, standing beside me.

"Why did you buy this penthouse?" I asked Liam.

"The view."

"It's beautiful. Our room should be in the corner of the penthouse. That way, we can see the whole thing at night. We can buy a bigger bed and make it attach to the glass window, imagine—"

"No." He cut me, and of course he would.

Suddenly, a weird question popped up in my mind. I've always wondered if it's not me who married him, who would it be? Will it be Thea? Will it be someone who has the same intelligence as him? Will it be someone so beautiful that he'll get obsessed with her?

"What do you like about Thea?" I asked.

"She's smart, beautiful, independent, and not a pain in the ass." I chuckled upon hearing his answer. I looked up at him to see his reaction and then turned back to the view.

"Are you looking for a female version of yourself? Is Thea that person?"

"Yeah. You give me a lot of headaches."

"Enjoy it while it lasts."

"Why do you want to marry me? You know that I don't give two fucks about you." That's a good question. I took a sip of my green juice and got up.

"I've been in love with you since I was fifteen. Why would I not want to marry you?" He turned to me, and I smiled widely. "You should try to fall in love with me. I'm such a catch, and I can fill your life with colors like a rainbow."

"I want a divorce." My smile fell, and I glared at him.

"Are you in love with someone?"

"No."

"You can fall in love with me." I pointed at myself.

"I'd rather kill myself."

"I've tried so hard to prove to you that I can be independent and not be a pain in your ass. I'm beautiful, too." I put both hands under my chin, creating a V shape.

"No."

"What's your type?"

"I like blondes with curves and boobs." He looked down at my non-existent breasts. "I like someone tall, someone who doesn't talk much, someone who can stand on her feet, someone who cooks and bakes. The list goes on."

"No one is that perfect." I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"If I found her, you'll divorce me?" I laughed at his question.

"No. I won't divorce you. I want you to love me." I pointed at myself, and he shook his head.

"Might as well ask a pig to fly and catch the stars." He said sarcastically, and I pouted.

"What if, one day, you realized you're in love with me?" He shook his head, thinking my question was the most ridiculous ever.

"Try to ask me when I turn seventy years old." I turned around, facing the view, hating all the answers.

"What if one day, I fell in love with another man and left you for him?"

"I'll be waiting for that day to come. I'll give him a million dollars as a congratulatory gift." I chuckled when he suddenly got excited. I took an intense breath and turned to him.

"One day, if you end up falling in love with someone, I want you to tell me." My statement made him turn to me. "I'll give you a divorce, congratulate her for being the luckiest woman alive, and get out of your sight." He didn't say anything.

"I love you, Liam. I mean it. I love you with all my heart. Marrying you was the happiest day of my life. I hope in another life you can love me as much as I love you." 

Liam Hastington

"I love you, Liam. I mean it. I love you with all my heart. Marrying you was the happiest day of my life. I hope in another life you can love me as much as I love you." Her words were like the sharpest knife that stabbed the center of my heart.

Her confession sounded painful.

She confessed her love to me, yet she sounded like she'll die tomorrow. Alyssa returned to our room, leaving me with nothing but silence.

I walked back to the fridge and put my green juice back. I opened my wine cellar and grabbed a bottle of wine, drinking it slowly as I repeated her words.

I made my way to our room and found Alyssa already sleeping. I decided to leave the room and sleep in the living room.

When I opened my eyes, the sun was already shining. I got up and checked the time. It was eight, and Arnold greeted me. I walked into the room to get ready for work and saw that Alyssa was gone.

My heart dropped. My eyes searched her things and found everything was still there. I walked to the bathroom, hoping that she was there, but no.

I ran out and said, "Have you seen my wife?" I asked Arnold.

"She left very early. I think around 5.30 in the morning." I grabbed my phone and called Rocky.

"Find Alyssa! Now!"