Chapter 37 - Long Night

Alyssa Takada

I was pacing back and forth after Liam's drunk confession. I'm pretty sure that he's telling the truth. He's telling the truth, right? I sat down and looked at Liam, who was sleeping.

I wanted some answers.

I took my phone out and dialed Rocky's number. I was hoping he could give me some answers regarding what Liam just said.

"Hello."

"Liam just confessed that he's torturing two men who kidnapped and stalked me in Paris. Is it true?" I asked, and there was a long pause from Rocky.

"Was he drunk?" It's a tricky question.

"Yes."

"You should ask him once he's awake." I sighed. Of course, Rocky won't tell me. He's so loyal to Liam.

"Okay then..."

I was about to hang up when Rocky called, "Ms.Takada."

"Huh?"

"Are you going to divorce Mr.Hastington?" I was surprised that Rocky would ask such questions when usually he's not the type to butt into someone else's business.

"Yes."

"Okay." I ended the call and decided to take a shower. I needed a place to think, and a shower was the best place.

Why would Liam have them in New York? Not only did he have them with him, but he also tortured them. Why? Why did he do it when I know he gives zero fucks about me? He also learned about what happened in Paris beforehand.

Alyssa, you need to stop having questions inside your head. The divorce is finalized; I signed it, and Liam will eventually sign it. I'm also leaving for Tokyo in two weeks, so I should stop asking questions and still hoping for a glimpse of hope that Liam could love me back.

Eleven years was enough, and I married the guy, too.

When I walked out of the shower, I heard my phone rang. As I arrived in the living room, it was not my phone but Liam's. My hand was itching to take his phone from his pocket. I grabbed it slowly, but when I almost had it, Liam grabbed my wrist.

He opened his eyes and grabbed his phone from my hand. He sat up and checked the caller ID.

It's from a woman named Sophia Adler.

"Fucking hell." He whispered as he ran his hand through his hair.

"What do you want, Adler?" He looked up to me and pulled me to sit on his lap. He leaned his head on my shoulder.

"I'm in fucking Italy, and you're asking me about Parker? I'm not his babysitter." Liam sighed as he wrapped his arm around my body. I was still in my towel, so I had to hold on to it tightly.

"No. You should ask Lockwood, and I don't have access to it. I don't belong to the hacker team." He hissed, and I tried to get away from him, but he held me tighter.

"Vincent talked to fucking much, and I need to fucking sew his mouth." Liam grabbed my chin and forced me to turn to him.

"No." With that, he threw his phone to the table. He turned his attention to me and smiled like he was on crack. He leaned his head to my chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"My head hurts. Fuck." I didn't say anything.

"You won't hang out with Tony and Sally again." He whispered.

"Did you remember anything from earlier?" I asked in a cautious tone.

"I might remember it later on, but not now." He looked up and leaned his body back to the sofa. He grabbed my towel, trying to take it off. I held on to it as my life depended on it.

"I did something bad, didn't I?" He raised his eyebrows. "Alyssa, did I do something to you?" He wrapped his hand around my arms, demanding an answer. I took a really deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Did you have the two people who kidnapped me in Paris?" I asked. I thought he would react badly to my question, but he was very collected.

"Yes. Still in the process of torturing them, but I'm slowly losing my patience." My heart was beating so fast, my body turned rigid, and my head was full of scenarios of him torturing the two men.

"You kill people?" That came out as a whisper, and there's fear in my voice.

"Yes."

"You do?"

"Yes."

"But you're a surgeon."

"It's so good to have control over someone." He said proudly.

"How did you get them here? They're in jail."

"We have connections. Our company is more powerful than you think. We have permission to kill, torture, and tear people into pieces. Bringing them to New York was an easy task."

"What exactly do you and your friends do?" He looked at me like he was debating whether to tell me.

"A lot of things."

"Killing people was one of them?"

"Yes." I got up from his lap, and he let me go. I walked towards the bedroom.

"You're not going to ask why I did it?" His question made me stop in my tracks.

"I don't want to know." I continued to walk, and before I could reach the bathroom, Liam grabbed my hand and turned me around to face him. He pinned me to the wall, looking straight into my eyes. I tried to avoid his eyes by looking to the bathroom.

"Ask me." I don't know why he wanted me to ask him.

"No." He put his hand around my neck, forcing me to look at him. He looked like a grim reaper, ready to take my soul away.  "Are you going to kill me?" That came out as a whisper.

"Ask me." He repeated.

"I don't want to know." His face fell, and his hand slowly trailed to my hair, pulling my head back. His free hand pulled away the towel, leaving me naked in front of him. He put two fingers inside of you without any warning, and you gasped.

"I'm going to fuck you until you ask me, and you don't get to tap out because it's going to be a long night."