Chapter 54 - The Test

Alyssa Takada

I walked around my apartment anxiously because Liam was supposed to pick me up an hour ago. I tried to call him and called Rocky, but none of them picked up. I was biting my nails, worried. I asked Lou, but she was in the headquarters, not knowing their whereabouts.

I kept calling Liam and Rocky again and again.

Instead of doing nothing, I went to the hospital because Liam was supposed to be there. He had two surgeries in the afternoon, so I hope to get some answers.

As soon as I got into the hospital, I found Marie. She's finished her shift, and her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Alyssa! Oh my god..." She squealed, and I smiled as I walked towards her. "How are you?" She asked as I gave her a big hug.

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm great. I just finished my shift. Are you looking for Liam?" I nodded.

"Is he inside?"

"Yes. There was an accident, and he had to operate at least ten people. The whole medical team had to help. Rocky was in that accident, too, it was a shit show." I gasped.

"Where are they now?"

"Upstairs, but I'm afraid you must stay in the lobby."

"Okay. Thank you so much, Marie. Please go home safely." I smiled, and she nodded.

"Goodnight." She said and made her way out.

I decided to sit in the waiting section in the lobby. I kept waiting and waiting. My phone rang, and it was Liam.

"Hello."

"I'm so sorry. There's an emergency, and I had to take care of it. I'm so sorry, Aeri. I'm going back to the apartment now." He sounded shocked.

"Where are you?"

"In my office, but I'm heading out right now. Have you eaten?" He asked as I made my way towards his office.

"I haven't. Let's go eat..." Then I saw him rushing out of the office and tried to lock his door. I chuckled, and he turned to me. His eyes widened, and he ran towards me.

"Is everything okay?" He asked as he looked up and down, wondering if I was hurt.

"I'm fine. I was worried about you." He let out a long sigh, "How's Rocky?"

"How did you know?"

"I bumped into Marie when I came here, and she told me that Rocky was here. What happened?" I asked, and he grabbed my hand, leading me to the parking lot.

"I'll explain it to you in the car."

Once we got into the car, Liam showed me footage of a warehouse. They're shipping things when suddenly there's a big explosion. I gasped, and Liam let out a sigh.

"It's our newest tech warehouse, and our competitors decided to mess with us without knowing who owned the fucking company." He's pissed.

"About twenty-five people got injured and two deaths. I had to help operate a lot of them and had to deal with the police, too. Our company tracked those people down and made sure to get our revenge."