Chapter 38 - Dead Man

Alyssa Takada

Liam was not playing around, and I was not playing around either. He fucked me like there was no tomorrow, and I stood on my ground. I could tell that he was frustrated, so he got rough with me quickly.

Even though I tried not to tap out, I did try to push him away. He didn't give me a second to breathe, and my body was slowly shutting down.

Now, he's fucking me against the glass window. He's hard, fast, deep, and rough. I might die from having sex.

After a few more hours, I was exhausted and wanted him to stop. He kept going and had the stamina of a horse. He's insane.

"Stop!" I hissed as I pushed him away. I locked myself in the shower, and Liam was not happy.

"If you don't open the door, I'll break it and fuck you on top of the shattered glass." I know he would do it, but my brain told me to keep holding the door.

"Alyssa." He warned as he grabbed the handle door. His other hand turned into a fist, aiming to break the glass.

"Fuck it." He smashed his hand into the glass so hard that it shattered into a million pieces. My eyes were glued to his hand, and blood started dripping down. I looked down, following the blood, and blood was all over the shattered glass.

He grabbed my hand and picked me up on his shoulder so I wouldn't step on the shattered glass. He brought me to the living room and put me down. I grabbed his hand and looked at it.

His hand was full of cuts, and I could see two pieces of tiny glass stuck on his skin. I knew damn well that he would get an infection if he didn't treat it right away.

"You should clean it up and take the—" He grabbed my jaw and kissed me. I pushed him away, "You're fucking injured and you still want to fuck? Are you an idiot?!" I burst at him angrily. He smirked before grabbing my jaw again to kiss me.

"Liam!" I pushed him away. "Treat yourself! You're a surgeon, and you know what to do." I hissed, and he put his hand down. My eyes were stuck to it, and I saw blood dripping down to the ground.

"Ask me."

"Are you crazy?"

"Ask me."

"No."

"Then I'll stay like this. Maybe I'll get my hand am—"

"WHY?" I cut him by screaming at him. Tears filled my eyes, and his eyes softened.

"Every time you have a panic attack, I see your eyes are empty. You were screaming and scared as demons from that day haunted you." Tears were falling, and I squatted down, crying.

"I know damn well that you tried to hide it from me. You never wanted me to see it. You never asked me for help to kill your demons, so I took the matters into my own hands."

"I never cared about anyone but my friends. You're the first. As soon as I knew what happened in Paris, I told Rocky to bring those two bastards to New York. I tortured them the way they planned to torture you." That made me look up to him.

"I was mad. I was mad when you told me that you'll never call me or tell me if you're in distress. I'm the only person capable of saving you, yet you'll call and find someone else with zero idea how to save you." His words made my chest burn in anger. I got up and looked straight into his eyes.

"Do you love me, Liam?" I asked straight to the point.

"No."

"What am I to you?"

"My wife."

"Do you love me?" I asked again.

"No."

"Then why are you busy killing my demons? What do you want in return? Sex? A compliment? Applause? What do you want?!" His face showed that my reaction wasn't what he was looking for.

"You fucked me, so box number one checked. Thank you for killing both of my kidnappers! Box number two checked." I clapped my hands before him, "Box number three checked." I ran my hands through my hair, mad and so frustrated.

"If you don't love me, then why are you killing my demons?"

"I can't love anyone, Alyssa. Those emotions died a long time ago." Liam looked down at his bloody hand. I grabbed his hand and brought him to the sink, where I put his hand on a running water.

I ran into the bathroom, put some clothes on, and tried to find the emergency kit. After I found it in a cupboard under the TV, I grabbed a robe for him and ran out. I forced him to put on the robe first and poured the alcohol into his hand.

"My current parents now are not my real parents." I turned to him, and he grabbed the alcohol from my hand. He poured the rest and started treating himself.

"My real parents died when I was ten years old." He managed to take all the glass out from his wounds. "They were crack addicts and have been abusing me for years. They said they love me, but they beat me up if I don't get money after begging people to give me some because I haven't eaten all day."

"They would beat me and threatened to kill me if I couldn't bring them money by the end of the night. After beating me, they would tell me how much they love me." He wrapped his hand with a bandage and turned to me. "One day, a couple saw me when they were going to the market. They saw me limping and helped me because they're doctors. I fainted, and they brought me to the hospital."

"When they examined me, I was malnourished. I have a few fractured bones and bruises covering my body. When they asked me if I had parents, I didn't respond. They knew I had one but were scared to go back. They promised me that I would never go back if I told them because they want to put my parents in jail."

"And they did. Not only did they put my real parents in jail, but they also adopted me. I became a surgeon because they wanted me to, and I ended up loving the job, but they don't know what I'm doing besides being a surgeon."

"Is that why you agreed to my dad's request?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Our parents have known each other for so long. It's the least I can do for someone who saved my life." Of course. "I don't believe in love or be able to feel one, Alyssa. I'm a dead man inside."