Chapter 6 - Being Nice

Liam Hastington

Alyssa was silent throughout the whole process of her discharge from the hospital. It felt like she turned into a doll all of a sudden. I held her hand everywhere I went as I paid her bills.

I looked at her as I waited for the process to be done.

"Alyssa," I called her, and she turned to me slowly.

"What do you want for lunch?" She shook her head.

"Rocky will pick you up in a few minutes," I said, and she looked at me like she wanted to say something, but she nodded.

I noticed that all the nurses and doctors were looking at me weirdly. I never took care of someone like this. That's why they're all wondering if she's my girlfriend.

"Mr.Hastington." Rocky came, and Alyssa turned to him. I handed him her small bag and dress. Rocky took it, and he was waiting for her to go with her.

"Everything is done, Doctor Hastington." I gave the nurse a nod and turned to Alyssa.

"Ms.Takada?" Rocky called, and Alyssa followed him. She returned to me before they took a turn, disappearing from my eyesight.

"I think she needs you." I turned to Marie, who was busy preparing some medicine. "Doctor Warren noticed that she looked scared the other night. That's why she chose to sit outside. Not to mention the panic attack that she had this morning." She added, and I found myself walking towards Alyssa and Rocky.

I saw Rocky trying to walk slower than he used to. Alyssa kept looking at the ground.

I took my phone out of my pocket, calling Cranon. "Move this evening surgery to tomorrow morning." I didn't wait for him to answer before ending the call. I walked to my office and changed my clothes.

I texted Rocky to wait for me.

I walked out and found Thea and Finn. They both looked at me with questioning eyes, and I ran past them. I got out and found Rocky and Alyssa were waiting for me.

"Let's go," I announced myself, and Rocky nodded before walking to the car. I grabbed Alyssa's arm, making her aware of my presence.

"What do you want for lunch?"

"I'll pass." She said weakly.

"I'll decide then."

"I just want to go home." She begged, and I sighed.

"Fine." Rocky stopped before us, and I opened the car door for her. She got in first, and I got in from the other side.

"Home," I said, and Rocky nodded. I turned to Alyssa, and she looked out the window. The rest of our ride home was dead silent. She didn't even move, and as soon as we arrived at my apartment building.

I got up and opened the door for her. We walked into the apartment together, and I asked Rocky to go up. He decided to park the car first, and he will join us upstairs.

When I opened my apartment door, she walked straight to our room. I let her rest and waited for Rocky. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge when Rocky entered my apartment.

He brought his tablet with him. We sat in the living room, and he gave his pill to me.

"I was going to give you before the wedding, but since I see you don't care about her. I don't think it's necessary." He's right. I never cared about her, so he knows I only want to know when I want to know about it.

I grabbed the tablet and started to read.

Alyssa got a stalker in Paris. Not one but two men. They stalked her for over two months until they became obsessed with her. They kidnapped her and locked her in a dark basement for three weeks.

They were obsessed with Japanese women, and they planned to turn her into a mannequin. So she can become their sex doll. They're still figuring out how to, and one the day that they're going to turn her into a mannequin, the police successfully track the two men down.

When they heard the police right outside, they planned to kill her by stabbing her in the back two times. Alyssa successfully knocked one of them down and screamed, letting the police know that she was downstairs.

"At first, she never wanted to come back. She was scared that if you knew about this, you'd hate her more. She was scared you'd judge her, so she agreed to bury everything down." Jesus Christ.

"I think she had a panic attack on the event day," Rocky added.

"Where are they now?" I asked him.

"Jail. They got a lifetime in prison."

"Bring them to New York. I'm in the mood to kill them." Rocky raised his eyebrows at me, questioning my request.

"Are you sure?"

"Just bring them to New York, Rocky." I sighed and gestured for him to go. He left my apartment, and I got up from the sofa, making my way to my room. I saw Alyssa sleeping with all the lights on, which I completely understand now.

Alyssa Takada

I opened my eyes and got up slowly. I checked the time, and it was almost eight pm. I decided to take a shower first and put on my oversized hoodie.

I walked out and found Liam sitting in the living room. He turned to me and pointed at the dining room. My feet led me there, and my eyes widened to see lots of sushi on the table.

"Eat up. You have to eat your medicine after this." He said, and I turned to him.

"This is too much. Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"Yeah." I sat down and grabbed a chopstick. I started eating the sashimi first, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes back.

"I'm still not allowing you to work until Wednesday." I almost choked on my sushi when I heard him say that. I turned to him, but his attention was all on the TV.

"Why?"

"Because I say so."

"I'm fine."

"No."

"I want to work."

"Listen to me while I'm being nice, Alyssa." He warned me, and I decided to shut my mouth. I'm not going to defy him.