Chapter 18 - Ready

Alyssa Takada

I walked back to my hospital room after getting checked. I need to wait for the results in two hours before getting discharged. When I was about to make a turn, I heard my name being mentioned.

"I don't know why he cares so much about Alyssa. Liam acted like he didn't care, but he was busy scolding people if they missed a minute for not checking up on her." My ears were malfunctioning.

"He's a surgeon for fucksakes. He's staying in the emergency room and doing all the things that he shouldn't be doing. She's not even his girlfriend!" Thea hissed.

"I mean, Alyssa said that they're just friends and that their families are close." Thea's friends said.

"He's not the type to do that, Liz! What's so special about Alyssa anyway? She's so fucking plain, she flat, her face is average." Ouch.

"Where the fuck is Alyssa?" I heard Liam's voice echoing through the hallway. I realized that I was standing in a narrow hallway.

"Erna, where is she?" Liam asked Erna.

"She should be in her room. We finished the scan already." Erna answered nervously.

"Fuck!" Liam hissed.

"See! He's acting so weird!" Thea continued the conversation, "She's a fucking menace to Liam. She always—"

"Do you want me to rip off your mouth? Or should I sew your fucking mouth shut?" I froze when I saw Liam standing in front of me. He knew I was hiding, and he straight up shut Thea's mouth.

"Talk shit about her again, I'll cut your vocal chords." He added, and he looked so scary when he said it. His voice was lower than usual. It looked like he had summoned a devil.

Once Thea left, he turned to me. I walked out from my hiding place, and he grabbed my arm, dragging me back to my hospital room. I was shocked to see that he already packed everything.

"Thank you," I said, and he put two tickets to a musical theatre. I gasped and grabbed it.

"We're going?" I asked, and he nodded. I squealed and hugged him. I gave him a peck on his lips before squealing some more.

"Let's go eat lunch at the cafeteria while we wait for the results." He grabbed my bag, and we walked out of the room. I looked at the ticket, and my cheeks hurt from smiling too much.

"You don't have work?"

"No." People were looking at us, and I quickly took my back from him, but he didn't let it go. He took me to the cafeteria, and they had fish and chips, sandwiches, and some burgers.

"What do you want?"

"Chicken burger," I said, and he ordered it for me. I sat on the empty seat near the glass doors facing the beautiful garden and playground.

After a few minutes, Liam brought all the food. He ordered fish and chips and a cup of coke. He put my food in front of me, and I thanked him. I grabbed the burger with one hand and took a big bite.

"You looked so scary earlier," I said as I put my burger down. He nodded and took a bite. "She'll hate you for it."

"I don't care."

"How did you get those tickets? I can't wait to see it. I've always loved watching theatre, and it's so fascinating." I blabbered and took another bite.

"My friend."

"Thank you," I said, and he nodded.

After we ate lunch, Liam grabbed my results, which came back well. I'm healing, but so far, I'm doing so good.

"Where are we going?"

"You're going to rest so we can go out tonight." I pouted. I wanted to protest, but he shook his head. "Riri and Lili missed you." My face lit up again.

When we returned to the apartment, I squealed, seeing Lili and Riri. I picked both of them up and gave them a little kiss. They're so adorable. I brought their cage to the living room, put them on the table, and sat on the floor to watch.

Liam Hastington

She fell asleep while looking at her pets.

I picked her up slowly and brought her to our room. I laid her down and pulled the blanket up to her chin. I walked out and dialed Rocky.

"I got Lou and Gia. Which one do you want, Mr. Hastington?" Rocky asked.

"Have Lou, and I want Ed to be the head guard." After what happened to Alyssa, I'm not allowing her to drive again. Not only that, she will have four bodyguards at all times. You will be her assistant, and she will help Alyssa with everything she needs.

"Okay. Anything else?"

"That's all." I checked the time, and I'll wake her up in two hours.

I decided to work in my home office when I remembered all the words that she said yesterday. I rewind her words last night, and I can't sleep thinking about it. Her words were leeching into my head, making me feel so guilty.

I was mean and harsh. I admitted it, but I can't help it. She always creates trouble, and I'll be getting a lot of headaches from now on. I can't imagine if I have to live with her for the rest of my life.

When my alarm went off, I got up and walked to our room. I sat beside her and slowly woke her up. Alyssa opened her eyes slowly, and when she saw me, she smiled.

"Give me an hour to get ready." She said, and I nodded. She exited the bed and walked into the bathroom, taking a shower. I showered in the guest bathroom and changed into my black shirt and pants.

I waited for her in the living room while watching TV.

"Liam." I heard she called me. I got up and walked into the room.

"Do you mind helping me tie the back?" She was wearing a long red dress, and when she turned around, I froze for a split second. It's backless, and nothing covers her back to her waist. The dress started covering her ass to the ground.

"Liam?" I grabbed the strap and tied it. Her long hair was loosely curled, and her makeup looked so simple.

"Thanks." She walked to the vanity and sprayed some perfume. She sat on the bed and put on her red high heels.

"Are you ready?" I asked, and she looked up to me with her biggest smile.

"I am! I'm so excited."