Chapter 8 - Problem Solved

Alyssa Takada

After waking up at five, I decided to take a stroll. I put my sweatpants on and brought my headphones with me. I grabbed my phone and cards, putting it in my pocket. I also played some music as I strolled around the Central Park area.

After having fun walking around, I decided to stop for a coffee. I was about to pay when my phone died. I cursed under my breath for forgetting to charge it last night. I put my headphones to my neck and paid for the coffee with my card.

I stayed there, enjoying my coffee while looking at people starting their day. After I finished my coffee, I found a cute vintage shop that hadn't opened yet, but the display was pretty.

I was going into a flower shop when I heard an old lady talking and yelling in Japanese. I decided to walk over to her and help her.

"Hi. Is there a problem?" I asked in Japanese, and the old lady turned to me.

"I asked her for two bouquets with fifteen roses each, and she gave me twenty. Not to mention that they looked like a day old." She ranted, and I quickly translated into English.

"But we have the receipt. If you want to check the receipt, I have it." She quickly printed the receipt and gave it to me. For sure, this old lady had mistaken her order. She put twenty and fifteen. She placed the pick-up date a day early, so she should have gotten the flowers yesterday.

I apologized to the staff and translated everything to the old lady. I showed her the receipt, and she sighed.

"I just moved to America two months ago."

"Grandmother!" I turned to see a man my age came into the picture. He apologized to his grandmother for coming so late. She explained the situation, and then she pointed at me.

"She helped me. She explained it to me in Japanese." The old lady said, and I smiled. The man turned to me, "Thank you." He bowed to me.

Then, the old lady apologized and told the staff she was still confused. The team understood and forgave her. Her grandson, who had just come, paid for another fresh flower he asked them to pack.

"What's your name, beautiful lady?" The old lady asked.

"Aeri Takada." Her eyes widened, and she turned to her grandson.

"Aeri Takada!" She slapped her grandson's arm multiple times before he stopped her.

"Thank you so much, Aeri-chan. This is my grandson, Ren Kimura. He's been living in New York since he was a kid, so he's fluent in English and Japanese." She proudly introduced him to me.

"Nice to meet you." He put his hand out, and I took it.

"Nice to meet you, too."

"Ask for her number!" His grandmother whispered, but I could hear it. He took out his phone and shyly asked me for my number. I put my number in, and he thanked me.

"Alyssa!" I turned to see Liam come with ten people behind him. He looked pissed, and I looked at him, confused. "Where the hell were you?" He asked.

"How did you know that I was here?" He grabbed my wrist, planning to take me away. Suddenly, Ren stopped him, making me and Liam turn to him.

"Let her go," Ren said firmly.

"I'm fine," I said, assuring Ren that I'll be okay.

"Let her go when I'm telling you nicely." Liam snapped at Ren.

"Is he abusing you?" Ren asked me, and I shook my head.

"He's—" I stopped when I realized no one could know that he was my husband. "He's my friend. I'll be fine." I assured Ren and pushed his hand away. Liam dragged me with him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Where were you?!" He hissed as he forced me to get into the car.

"I was strolling around. What happened?" I even turned to Rocky, who avoided my eyes when we met. I turned to Liam again, and he looked so angry.

"What did I do wrong? I was strolling around and having coffee."

"Where's your phone?" He asked as he closed his eyes.

"It died. I forgot to charge it."

"Fuck!" He punched the seat in front of him. "This is what I mean that you're a fucking pain in my ass. You disappeared early in the morning and didn't even bother telling anyone where you were going!" He never raised his voice like this before. He looked like he'd gone crazy.

"I was just strolling around. I never thought I should report it since you never cared." He sighed and glanced at Rocky. I decided to shut my mouth until we arrived at the apartment. As soon as he made sure I got inside, he got out.

He didn't even bother to tell me where he was going.

"Mrs.Hastington." I turned around to see Rachel.

"What's with him?" I asked her.

"He freaked out when you were not in the room, Mrs.Hastington. You didn't answer the call either, so he called people to help him find you."

"I was just... strolling around." I sighed.

"What do you want for breakfast, Mrs.Hastington? I'll find it and give it to you."

"No thanks."

My phone vibrates, and it's Ren.

Ren: Hi. It's me, Ren.
Ren: Are you okay?
Ren: Your friend looked so mad at you. Did he hurt you?
Alyssa: Hi. I'm fine.
Alyssa: He didn't hurt me.
Ren: If he's abusing you, let me know. I can help you report and throw him in jail.
Alyssa: Don't worry about me.
Ren: My grandmother says thank you and wishes to see you again. She wanted to treat you to breakfast earlier, but your friend brought you away.

Liam Hastington

"Don't fucking talk to me!" I said to Blake when I walked into the torture room. He gave me a zipped motion, and he gestured for me to check on Anton and Frankie.

I was pissed that I killed Frankie in front of Anton. 

Blake wanted to complain, but he chose to shut his mouth, watching me torture Anton until he was dead.

I walked out of the room with blood all over my body. My feet brought me straight to the bathroom to shower. I used the coldest water to calm myself.

"What happened?" Blake asked after I was done showering.

"Alyssa happened." I hissed.

"If you hate her so much, kill her. That will solve the problem easily."