Chapter 50 - Therapy

Liam Hastington

"You look like you're going to die today," Marie said as he passed me a bottle of coconut water.

"I've been dying for the past four months. My wife told me to wait, and it felt like hell."

"Yeah. I know. How's Alyssa?" She asked as she grabbed some medicines for her next patient.

"I want to know too." I put the charts down and looked at the clock. I'm done with my shift, and it's time to go home. I made my way to the office and changed my clothes before heading back to my apartment.

"Mr.Parker sent you a birthday gift," Rocky said as he opened the car door for me. I got inside and closed my eyes because I was so tired.

"Okay."

"Will you go to the party tonight?" He asked before he closed the door.

"No." With that, he closed the door.

I went home and decided to take a long nap. I've been having a hard time sleeping because I miss Alyssa. I sent Lou to check on her occasionally, and she's been doing great. Lou told me this morning that Alyssa just finished helping her family donate to an elderly home.

I miss her. I fucking miss her.

Every day, I regretted my actions towards her. I won't be able to forgive myself until the day I die. I should not sign that divorce paper, and I wish I could turn back time. I was stupid and a fucking idiot for letting myself do that.

I decided to go to therapy two months ago, and Wong, my therapist, said that I needed to wait patiently while having my everyday life. I told him that sometimes I imagined her around, and Rocky told me I talked to myself as if she was here.

God, this woman is making me go nuts.

"Liam," Alyssa called, and I could feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Liam, wake up!" Without opening my eyes, I reached for my phone. I stopped to dial Wong's phone number.

"Yes, Mr.Hastington."

"Wong, I'm fucking hallucinating again. Alyssa is calling me, and I think I need some meds to help—" Suddenly, my eyes widened when I saw Alyssa sitting on the bed before me with a cake in her hands.

"Fuck, Wong. I need meds, and I'm seeing her as if she's here. She's holding a cake." I was stunned and couldn't help but hold my breath.

"What do you mean? I thought you said—"

"Happy birthday, Liam." Alyssa smiled as she put the birthday cake in front of me. I could feel the candle's heat, indicating that this was real. I threw my phone away and grabbed Alyssa's hand, and for sure, she was real.

"Alyssa, tell me that you're real. I'm having a hard time these days, and I've been—" I blew all the candles and put the cake away. I pulled her into a hug, and for sure, she was one thousand percent real.

Fuck.

Tears filled my eyes as I held her tightly. I could smell her vanilla scent, and I could feel her small figure wrapped around me and her heart beating against my chest.

"You did not just blow all the candles without making a wish." She commented, and I pulled away. Her eyes widened when she saw me crying.

"I thought you're not real."

"Now I know that sometimes you're having hallucinations about me." She chuckled, and I pulled her into my arms again, scared that she was going away.

"You're not leaving me again," I whispered.

"Sadly, I need to go back to Tokyo."

"No!" I pulled away, and she raised her eyebrows.

"You're not going back to Tokyo. I've lived without you for four months." I grabbed her hands, "We're going to get married again, and you'll move in with me."

"I'm going back to Tokyo, Liam."

"Then I'll move to Tokyo."

"How about work?"

"I have enough money to start a new business there. As long as I have you, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"So fucking sure."

"What if I told you that I found someone else?" I closed my eyes and sighed.

"My honest answer would be, I'll kill them. I'm not sharing you. You said that love means you're willing to let them go for them to be happy if it means with someone else. It's not for me. My definition of love is I want to have you with me at all times, and if there's someone else, I'll kill them. I'll kill every man if I have to so you can be with me." I opened my eyes and slowly looked up to her.

"Please... I beg you not to leave me again. I'm dying, Alyssa."

"I have to go back to Tokyo." She shook her head.

"I'm moving to Tokyo." I got up from the bed and grabbed my phone to call Rocky.

"Rocky, I'm moving to Tokyo. Take care of the documents because I—"

"We need to grab Riri and Lili. They're still in Tokyo." I turned to her and ended the call right away.

"So you're moving here for good?" I asked, and she looked at me without giving me any reaction.

"Yeah." I was so happy that I wanted to kiss her so badly, "But on one condition..."

"What is it?"

"We're not getting married again."

"No. Why not?"

"We failed our marriage once, how do you—"

"We won't." I cut her, completely will go insane if I don't marry this woman again. "I love you, Alyssa. I love you with all my life, and I'm not going to let you go around without my last name attached behind yours."

"What if I don't love you anymore?"

"I can make you fall in love with me again. I want to make this time right."

"How?"

"Go on a date with me." I grabbed her shoulder, and she looked at me suspiciously.

"I'm pretty sure we're going to end up having sex after that."

"No sex for now." Even though I wanted to be inside her so bad, but I'm not going to fuck this up.

"Fine."

"You got your things here, right?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"I'm staying in a hotel for the time being."

"Okay. Let's have lunch together, and then I will drop you back to the hotel so you can rest. I'm going to pick you up later on at 7. We're going on a date."