Chapter 46 - Better Than Me

Liam Hastington

As much as I'm happy to see Alyssa happy, I can't help but feel jealous of the man sitting in front of her and making her laugh. My chest was burning, and all I ever wanted was to get up and kill the man.

After she called, telling me to stop overworking Lou, I immediately listened. I sent Lou back to New York and sent myself to Tokyo.

I miss her, and it's been driving me crazy.

I don't know how she agreed to go on a third date with Danno. Did he cast a spell on her? I'm going to find that damn witch and kill her.

Suddenly, Alyssa got up from her chair and excused herself to go to the toilet. My eyes followed her until she disappeared into the hallway.

My whole body was aching, aching to get up and snatch her from there. She's driving me up the wall by not letting me go near her. I want to talk to her, I want to touch her, I want to look into her beautiful dark brown eyes.

"If you like Danno so much, you should sit there and talk to him." I snapped my head to my right and found Alyssa glaring at me with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"What are you doing here, Liam?" She asked as she sat on the seat in front of me. I was stunned, speechless, and couldn't believe that she was sitting in front of me, looking so fucking beautiful that I wanted to take her back home right away.

"I'm asking you a question, Liam." She waved her hand in front of me.

"I bet you're bored." I smiled, and she rolled her eyes immediately.

"He's far from boring, and we're finishing our dinner because we're going to a bar. Who knows, I might get lucky tonight." She winked. My mood instantly fell, and my whole body was burning in flames. The thought of her spending a night with another man makes me want to burn the world and kill everyone so there will be no man left on this earth except me.

"Tomorrow, I'm going send you a letter that you won't be able to come to Japan again in any circumstance. You're nothing but—"

"Can you tell me the definition of love?" I cut her, and her jaw dropped to the floor, hearing my question.

"What?"

"What is love?" She looked at me confused and tilted her head, wondering if I was on crack. "What is love to you, Alyssa?" She took a really deep breath before letting it out slowly.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I want to know what love is to you." She looked at me suspiciously and got up, but I stopped her.

"Answer me... please," I begged, and she sat down.

"Someone like you will never understand what that word means."

"But I want to know what it is to you."

"Love is when you see someone as your everything." She looked down at the table as she hid her hands under the table. "If you love someone, you know you won't be able to live without them. You want to spend every second with them because they make you happy and show you the best version of yourself."

"Your heart will beat faster every time you see them. Seeing them smile will make your whole day. Adding the fact that you will always look forward to seeing them. Making them happy is my number one goal because hurting them will give you a lot of pain." She pointed at her heart.

"And if letting them go makes them happier, you should let them go. In a heartbeat. That's love." She looked up at me and slowly hid her hand again. We looked at each other for a few seconds, and she looked away.

"I don't agree with you."

"I have to go back." She got up, but I stopped her. I held her wrist tightly, and she turned to me, annoyed. I could feel the pain in my chest and how my body was burning with overwhelming emotions.

"It's not love."

"What do you know about love? You're a dead man inside, Liam." She tried to pull her wrist away.

"How can you let them go when you love them? That's not love. If you love them, you won't be able to let them go. You will never let them go. Never." She scoffed, hearing my answer.

"Let me go! I'm going back to Danno!"

"I can't, Alyssa! I can't let you go! Not anymore..." I burst angrily at her, taking everyone's attention to us. She looked around, embarrassed entirely, but my eyes were glued to her.

"You belong to me!" She turned to me, shocked. "I can't let you go. I don't fucking care if I'm being selfish. I just can't!"

"You're not making any sense!" She tried to pull away again. I could see Danno walking towards us.

"Marry me, Alyssa. This time, it wo—" She slapped me so hard, and I let her go. She looked at me furiously.

Alyssa Takada

Did he just propose to me? I'm pretty sure he hit his head somewhere and has short-term memory loss. I glared at him after I slapped him so hard that my hand fucking stung.

"Watch your fucking mouth!" I pointed at him, and Danno stood beside me, pulling me behind him.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Danno asked.

"Her husband."

"Ex-husband." I corrected him.

"Danno Tamura, right?" Liam asked, and Danno raised his eyebrows.

"Leave Alyssa alone and get the fuck out of here before—"

"Liam!"

"Before I put you in jail for raping a minor last year in Venice." I could feel Danno's body froze. We heard a lot of gasps from people who sat near us. Danno immediately left the restaurant, leaving me and a few people speechless.

"Did he really rape a minor?" I asked him.

"If you want to be with someone, pick someone better than me. I'm going to give you a week. If you can't find them, you're mine and we're going to get married again."