Chapter 42 - Leave

Liam Hastington

"What are you two doing here? I'm not in the mood to laugh at your dad jokes." Dean and Kaleb sat in front of me in the hospital cafeteria. They both decided to visit me at lunch, and I looked around to see people looking at them, wondering who is there two fuckers are.

"Do you have to wear sunglasses here?" I hissed at Kaleb, who instantly took it off.

"Fuck. The last thing I need is for you two to ruin my fucking lunch." I threw my spoon and glared at them both. They put two paper bags in front of me taking them out. They didn't even bother to buy me lunch.

"So you two brought your food to mock me?"

"We're here to see if you're okay. Rocky said you've been treating him like shit." Dean said as he ate his pasta. "You punched the poor man when he did nothing." Fucking Rocky. I'm going to kill him.

"She's in Tokyo, by the way." The psychopath said.

"I didn't ask, you dipshit!" They both started eating in silence, and I let out a long sigh. I was closing my eyes, trying to control my anger.

"We saw your creation, by the way. Why did you put their head on the bottom?" Kaleb asked. I killed the two kidnappers yesterday and put them in resin. I put them in the torture hallway. I put their heads on the bottom of the resin, the only space left since I had filled the box with their body parts already.

"If I were you, I'd put the head half in resin and half out in the open." He said, turning to Dean, who was busy eating his steak.

"Should have poked the eyes and sew their mouths..." He added, and Dean glared at him.

"If you miss her, go to Tokyo," Dean suggested.

"Not that easy, asshole."

"Why not?" I gestured for him to shut up. I grabbed my fork and stole his steak.

"You should have threatened her by killing the turtles," Kaleb suggested, and I threw the fork at him.

"You should try that method with Ariana."

"I did." He said confidently, and I shook my head.

"Once again... you look like shit, Hastington," Dean said the obvious, and I ignored him.

"Can you two just get lost?" I asked as I closed my eyes. I leaned back in my seat, having a nasty headache.

"She's been texting someone named River." I always hated the idea of us having the same team to spy on our women. We can check each other progress, and today, Kaleb wanted to play with fire.

"He is going to Tokyo with his family next week." He added. "Imagine him taking care of your children." He mocked. "Alyssa is a simple woman. He'll give her flowers, and she'll agree to go on a date with him." I glared at him, and he knew I was on edge.

"I'm going to bet one million dollars that River will lure her—" I slammed my hand on the table, shutting the both of them. Dean chuckled, and Kaleb smirked.

"Mention about River again, and I'm going to kill Ariana." Kaleb's face changed in a split second. I told Dean, "Don't make me send her new friend to her event next week." Dean looked like he wanted to kill me.

"Someone grab me a popcorn." We all turned to Vincent, and I scoffed. He sat beside me and grabbed Dean's food, eating it.

"Why are you here?" I face-palmed myself, trying not to kill my friends for ruining my already bad day.

"How's your step-sister?" Kaleb asked in a mocking tone, knowing that it would get on Vincent's nerves. He hates that word so much that he killed someone before because of it.

"I'm holding a fucking knife, Cesborn."

"So?" Vincent looked up to him and pointed the knife at him.

"We're in the hospital." Dean reminded.

"I'm not going to save your ass if he ends up stabbing you." I turned to Kaleb, annoyed.

"Are you going to be the flower girl at your stepsister's wedding?" Kaleb had a dead wish. Vincent got up, making Dean and I grabbed him instantly. Vincent threw the knife at him, and Kaleb avoided it easily.

"Remind me to buy the four of you knives for Christmas." We all turned to see Sophia, who brought flowers. Vincent immediately stood up straight and turned to her.

"Why are you here?" Kaleb asked.

"Last time I checked, the hospital is a public space." Sophia hissed, and Kaleb rolled his eyes.

"Who are you visiting?" Dean asked as he pointed at the flowers. Sophia looked hesitant, but she turned to Vincent.

"A friend who got into an accident." She glared at Vincent, and we knew exactly who put her friend in the hospital. Dean chuckled, and Kaleb smirked.

"Liam." Sophia called me, "Congratulations on the divorce! I can't believe your marriage only lasted for two months." She smirked, and Vincent snatched the flower from her, throwing it to the ground.

"What did I tell you this morning?" He asked, staring straight into her eyes. "Don't make me repeat my question, Adler." Sophia bit her bottom lips and sighed.

"If I go to the hospital, you'll kill Edric," Sophia said, almost whispering.

"And what did you do?"

"I came here." With that, Vincent walked away with Sophia tailing behind him.

"You two should go." I sighed and walked out of the cafeteria. I took out my phone and called Lou.

"Tell me everything," I said as soon as she picked up.

"She's been working non-stop, Mr.Hastington. She barely eats, too."

"Anything else?" I asked as I got into my office.

"She cried a lot."

"Okay." I ended the call and dialed Rocky immediately.

"What can I do for you, Mr.Hastington?"

"Cancel my schedule for this week. We're going to Tokyo."

"But Ms.Takada has a restraining order against you." He has to remind me about it, does he?

"Prepare the jet. We're leaving in two hours."

"Very well."

RAVENS #1: THE DARKNESSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें