58

"Some of the assets will be liquidated. The board of directors' decision will be based upon your future plans, Miss Sinclair," Attorney Del Mundo remarked, presenting the papers to be signed.

Margo leaned back in her chair, the sunlight streaming through the glass window, forming a bright tunnel of light. She reviewed the documents in her hands and signed them.

"The other 30 percent of the company has been transferred to Mr. Veron, just as you requested, Miss Sinclair," Mr. Del Mundo continued.

Margo nodded, her gaze still fixed on the document. "He will supervise the company while I'm out of the country. I can assure you the corporation will be in good hands; his business acumen is impeccable," she responded, signing the final document.

"Your judgment in this matter is perfect, Miss Sinclair. There is nothing to worry about." After a few minutes of discussing some future plans, the conversation came to an end. Mr. Del Mundo stood up, holding his briefcase. "I'll be going now, Miss Sinclair. I wish you a safe flight and happiness in your new life abroad." He extended his hand for a handshake.

Margo stood and warmly accepted it. "Thank you, Mr. Del Mundo."

Mr. Del Mundo nodded at her. "Goodbye, Miss Sinclair." He walked to the door and left.

Margo sighed as she sat down. It would only take a few days until her departure. She had been to many countries, and after all, there was no need to worry. Yet, there was a part of her that would be missing if she went. She drank the remaining whiskey; there was no turning back from her decision; there was nothing to compromise.
Her phone rang; the screen lit up, and she noticed the name.

Margo picked up the phone, then leaned back in the chair and stared at the blue sky outside the window. "Hello? Melinda?"

Melinda's response was immediate, her tone laced with concern. "How are you doing? I heard the news that you're going abroad."

A smile tugged at the corners of Margo's lips, warmed by Melinda's unwavering care. "You always look out for me, Nay Melinda. I'll miss you," she admitted.

Melinda's worry was palpable. "Why do I have this feeling that you won't return?"

Margo was taken aback by the question. "How can you say that?" she asked, seeking reassurance in Melinda's voice.

There was a heavy sigh from the other end of the line. "Is this a permanent goodbye, Margo?"

The sadness in her green eyes grew dimmer as the sunlight painted her face. "I have to do this; you know that."

Melinda's voice was barely a whisper, filled with unspoken emotions. "Are you going to leave without asking Sophia?"

++++

"Sister Clara smiled gently. 'You're not going to hold back your decision, Sister Sophia? Are you sure?'

Sophia folded her hands in her lap. She nodded, smiled, and lowered her head. 'Yes, I have decided to serve God and find my happiness.'

Sister Clara placed her hands on the table. A small crucifix was hanging on the wall near her seat, and books were laid on the desk. 'I'm glad you still want to serve the church. You have an undying devotion to our lord.'

Sophia acknowledged it with a tiny smile. 'It's my passion to serve our Lord.'

Clara noticed the sadness in her eyes. 'Are you sure about that, Sophia?' she asked softly. 'Can I ask you a question, Sister Clara?'