39

A colorful poster was displayed on stage as the students gathered inside the gymnasium, and a woman approached the podium.

"Good morning, everyone. The university is committed to actively promoting the quality of life for every student. We want all of you, regardless of race, creed, or circumstance, to achieve your full potential. Our task is to make that possible. This year, our theme will be named 'Student's Day.'"

Shortly after one hour...

Some students had lost interest in watching the program; it was already noon. Most of them were hungry, their minds buzzing with ideas about what to eat for lunch. Meanwhile, Aveline's thoughts drifted in every direction; boredom ceased to bother her as she reminisced about the moments she had shared with Margo. She remembered the day they became official. A tiny smile formed on her lips. The news of their relationship was kept from the media, but within Margo's company, it spread like wildfire. Aveline became untouchable within the Queen's kingdom; everyone respected her once they learned the truth.

"Aveline, the Dean wants to see you in his office," George interrupted her daydreaming.

She looked puzzled. "Why?"

George paused his texting, then shrugged. "I don't know. Someone handed me this note." He handed her the small piece of paper and resumed texting on his phone.

"I'm going now. I'll see you later, George." She quickly grabbed her bag, ready to leave.

George glanced up and smiled. "See you later, Aveline."

She entered the office, surprised to see the Dean standing and obviously waiting for her. "You're two minutes late. Aveline, you're grades are getting lower."

Aveline received a paper from the Dean and read it.

"Dean?"

Aveline screwed up her face in confusion. The Dean forced a cough and pointed the named displayed on the table. "You should address me properly with my name."

"Mr. Ramirez, I'm trying my best, and I'm studying to reach your expectations." Aveline looked at the paper she was holding then shifted her attention in front.

"It's not enough, what will happen to your scholarship?" The Dean sat on the swivel chair and gazed at her. Aveline slowly approached the desk. "Uhm, Dean?" She cleared her throat, and once again she read the paper, making sure she understood the words written on it. "Can we just talk about it?"

"What do you want, Aveline? What else can you offer?" the Dean gave a mysterious smile.
She sighed deeply; she knew what it meant. Aveline bit her lower lip while staring at the Dean. She smiled and did not hesitate to sit on the Dean's lap. "Do you want to have fun inside the office?" Aveline whispered seductively; her eyelashes fluttered then she winked.

The Dean's throat went dry and let out a sharp breath. "We will be in trouble, Aveline."
"Oh, I don't care, Mr. Ramirez. It's a fair bargain, don't you think? Just do something about my grades. I'll give you whatever you want." Aveline replied.

"Let's quit it, Margo. Why you're making me read a script?"

Margo had written a note on the paper instructing her to refer to Miss Sinclair as 'Dean.' "Saw it on his desk," Margo answered with a naughty smile on her lips, pulling Aveline closer to her face.

"Mr. Ramirez loved stage plays. I can't believe you read the script." Aveline caressed Margo's lips with her thumb, a gesture laden with unspoken affection.

"His desk is untidy," Margo complained as she brushed her brow with her index finger, a look of mild irritation crossing her face. "So, you cleaned his desk?" Aveline teased by gently pinching her cheek.