17

Margo was in the study room, meticulously organizing folders. Whenever overwhelmed by emotions, she found solace in tidying up. With a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other, she methodically arranged the files on the table. Glancing at the clock, which showed it was 6:30 in the morning, she then moved to her walk-in closet to choose her outfit for work. Opting for a black sheath dress that accentuated her toned figure, complemented by a classic pearl necklace and sleek black pumps from Paris that highlighted her slender legs, Margo exuded elegance. She returned to her room, leaving the buttons of her dress undone as she attended to her hair.

"Are you going to work? Isn't it too early?" Aveline emerged from the bathroom, a white towel wrapped around her body, her hair damp.

"Yes, I have to go to work," Margo responded, standing by the glass panel, watching as Aveline approached.

"What time does your work start?" Aveline inquired, beginning to fasten the buttons on Margo's dress.

The scent of strawberry soap wafted from Aveline's skin, a freshness that Margo found intoxicating even as Aveline seemed oblivious to the intense gaze upon her. After smoothing the dress and adjusting the collar, their eyes locked. Aveline's dimpled smile broke the serious atmosphere.

"It starts at 10 am," Margo answered, her tone brisk. Aveline glanced at the wall clock and furrowed her brows upon realizing the time, then gently brushed Margo's hair away from her forehead. "You're three hours early," she noted with a chuckle before turning away. Letting the towel fall to the floor, Aveline stood naked by the bed's edge, drying herself off, seemingly unaffected by Margo's presence.

"Got plans for today?" Margo asked, her green eyes roamed at the body, starting from the head going to the foot.

"Hhm...nothing important but I want to visit the Carnival." She answered while scrubbing her wet hair with a towel.

"You're going?" Margo never left her eyes to her and barely moving; it seemed her muscles, or her foot were nailed on the floor. Her eyes prevailed in watching Aveline who seemed busy wiping her thigh. Margo even noticed a small drop of water slid down to the full breast, wandering on the pinkish crown. The brightness of the sunlight shone onto the floor, sun rays cast a golden light on Margo's face, making her cheeks turned red.

"Maybe I won't go. It's kinda sad to go alone." Aveline sat on the bed naked and rubbed her hair with a towel. She was utterly comfortable in doing all the things in front of her. But Margo had a hard time to focus; her body temperature rose above average. Was it from the sun behind her back or the view in front of her? Whatever it was, she could not discern, Margo was gradually burning. "Why you like carnivals?" She arched her brow and crossed her arms in curiosity.

"It's always fun going to the carnival. Have you been there, Margo?" Aveline religiously spread the lotion more gently on her legs and thighs.

"No," Margo answered with a gulp. She was mesmerized at the mildews sliding down on the shoulder. Biting her lip, she unbuttoned the top of her dress to breathe easily. The view was too tempting not to ignore; Margo swallowed an invisible lump on her throat upon seeing the tiny flesh peeked right between the legs. Aveline repeatedly daubed the lotion on her skin, occasionally opening her legs wider.

"Why you don't go to carnivals?" Aveline asked, rubbing the lotion on her ankles. Lowering her shoulders, her breasts wobbled a bit.

Margo's throat went dry again and inhaled sharply. "It's not interesting to me." She brushed her forehead and cleared her throat from uneasiness. Those eyes observed the way Aveline dabbed the lotion on her knees as if performing some art or magic, making Margo transfixed on her feet.