46

Aveline awoke to blinding light, finding herself in an expansive, empty white room where the walls were indiscernible, giving the space an illusion of endlessness. She was dressed in white long sleeves and fitted pants.

"Hello?" Her voice echoed, amplifying the hollowness. "Where am I?" The sound reverberated off the unseen boundaries, creating an impression of being enclosed within an infinite box, shrouded in eerie silence.

"Brain activity commencing." A strange voice resonated throughout the room, enveloping Aveline in confusion. "Who are you? Where am I?" she shouted, seeking an answer that never came. Barefoot, she walked on the stark white floor, her footsteps echoing with a haunting consistency. Directionless, it seemed she might wander endlessly until a sliver of light caught her eye. Drawn to it, she hastened towards the crevice, discovering a door. With a deep breath, she pressed her hand against it, gently pushing it open. Blinding light washed over her face, prompting her to shield her eyes as she stepped through.

Twigs broke underfoot as she emerged, the sound of rustling leaves filling the air. A gust of wind greeted Aveline, revealing a lush forest before her. She followed a path blanketed with dry leaves, observing birds nestled among the trees. Lifting her gaze to the canopy, she marveled as sunlight pierced through the foliage, illuminating a trail adorned with overgrown roots, wildflowers, and fallen leaves that crunched beneath her steps. The scent of minty grass and damp earth was invigorating, enriching the air that filled her lungs with a refreshing purity. "So beautiful," she whispered in awe. Suddenly, a small fairy darted before her, leaving a trail of sparkling dust from its translucent wings.

Aveline watched the silver moon dissolve into the river, its light cascading over rocks in a luminous flow. She decided to cross the creek. Branches from willow trees began to bend, weaving together to form a bridge. With each step, vines reached out to guide her feet, illustrating her mind's seamless adaptation to the dream. Reality faded away, leaving her in a state where truth ceased to exist.

A melodious voice singing near the river reached her ears:

🎶Come... see the happy world. Accept your destiny.🎶

Drawn by the song, she arrived at the riverbank. There, fairies perched on the rocks, and mystical creatures gathered. Satyrs played their flutes, while goblins and elves danced to the merry tune.

A small fairy approached her, radiating a natural glow with rainbow-colored wings. A soft smile, adorned with dimples, lit up her face. Speaking in a voice barely louder than a whisper, the fairy said, "We've been waiting for you, Aveline," her tone imbued with anticipation. Moving closer, she left a trail of rainbow-hued sparkles in her wake. "I'm here to present you with a gift," she declared softly. The mystical creatures around them raised their hands in unison, each one pointing towards the river.

In the river, light shimmered from beneath the water. Aveline stepped across rocks until she reached the center of the river, drawn to the luminous glow rising from the depths. Bending slightly, she peered into the river's bottom when suddenly, a woman emerged from the water. Her face was unusual, with sharp ears, entirely black eyes, and fanged teeth displayed in a friendly smile. "We present to you the gift that your heart desires," she said, her voice echoing the sound of flowing water from the brooks.

Captivated, Aveline nodded. The woman dove back into the water and emerged holding a gift shaped like the moon. She extended the treasure towards Aveline. "Take our offer."

Aveline's deep brown eyes widened in wonder. She accepted the offering, observing it closely in her hands. The area was bathed in brightness from the light bursting forth from her palms. The moon-shaped treasure transformed into a necklace adorned with a sparrow's feather. Joy filled her heart at the gift. Upon wearing the necklace, her attire changed into a white dress. The river's waters played a delightful melody, with birds humming and mystical creatures continuing their music and dance.