57

"Where are we going?" Sophia asked, trailing behind Margo who was dragging the bicycle.

Margo glanced back at her. "Are you done with your prayers?"

Sophia laughed lightly at the question. "Yes, I'm done with my prayers."

"What's so funny?" Margo arched a brow, curiosity piqued.

Sophia moved closer, looking up at her. "You're treating me like a child," she giggled, her dimpled cheeks adding to her charm.

Amused, Margo gently pinched her nose. "Aren't you one?"

"There! You even like to squeeze my nose!" Sophia protested, attempting to pinch Margo's cheek but stopping short as a strange current tingled through her skin. A peculiar, warm sensation flowed into her hand, familiar and comforting. "Aahhh... hmm, let's stop," she muttered, her face flushing as she hesitantly withdrew her hand.

"Shall we go?" Margo smiled, gesturing towards the bicycle.

"Wait, I'll get mine." Sophia started towards her bicycle, but Margo caught her hand. "Let's take this one; I'll drive," she suggested, indicating the other seat.

"But I'm heavy. You'll get tired."
Margo simply shook her head and smiled. "No, you're not that heavy. I'm taller, so I should drive."

"What does your height have to do with riding a bicycle?"

"I'm taller. Therefore, I'm heavier," Margo reasoned, a playful logic in her tone.

"Okay, then." Sophia couldn't help but chuckle, amused by the reasoning.

Margo started to pedal the bicycle, rolling up the long sleeves of her shirt as her cheeks turned red from the sun's warmth on her face. She tilted her head to the side and smiled. "Shall we go?"

"Where are we headed? It's three in the afternoon."

"Let's just enjoy a ride on this lazy afternoon," Margo suggested.

Sophia took her place on the back seat and couldn't resist resting her head on Margo's shoulder. "Hold on to me, Sophia."

As Sophia wrapped her arms around Margo's waist, she found a sense of sanctuary in her embrace. It felt as though a missing piece of a puzzle had clicked into place, completing something essential within her. She closed her eyes, entrusting Margo to lead the way. Colorful butterflies fluttered around them as they rode past rice fields. Margo pedaled on, with Sophia holding her close, as the wind greeted them warmly. Flowers danced along their path, and the leaves of the trees swayed in the gentle breeze. The sun, setting on the horizon, bathed them in its warm glow, while the clouds, like cotton candies, sweetened the blue sky above.

"We're here..." Margo slowly halted on the side of the road. She turned to Sophia, and their eyes met. Sophia's eyes squinted upon noticing a colorful tent. "Where are we?"

Margo blocked the view and looked into her chocolate eyes. "No peeking..."

"What are you hiding?" Sophia tried to look around Margo, but Margo was quick to intercept her gaze. "You better close your eyes, Sophia, and I'll show you."

"You're not going to pull a prank on me, are you?"

Margo lightly squeezed her nose. "When have I ever fooled you?" She laughed, her amusement clear. Her green eyes sparkled as she looked into Sophia's.

Sophia blushed at the comment, gently rubbing her nose. She took a deep breath and slowly closed her eyes. Margo carefully got off the seat, took Sophia's hand, and together, they walked the same path.

And then...

"Open your eyes," Margo whispered in her ear.

Sophia gently opened her eyes.