The view was breathtaking.

The sound of the carnival played a familiar tune. The area was adorned with colorful tents and confetti, the fragrant steam from food stalls filling the air. Sophia could smell the sweet scents of vanilla, apples, and cinnamon cakes, the sweetness evoking the delightful sensation of licking batter from a spoon.

"Is there a celebration in town? It looks so beautiful!" Sophia exclaimed, her excitement palpable.

"I guess so..." Margo replied nonchalantly, still holding Sophia's hand and pulling her closer as they walked together. They were greeted by bubbles streaming from a machine; the sun's rays glistened on them, adding a filter-like quality that enhanced the beauty of the scene. The gigantic Ferris wheel towered over them, surrounded by colorful tents and the gentle, spinning lights of the carousel.

The place felt like something out of a fantasy Sophia could only imagine. It was similar to the yellow brick road from "The Wizard of Oz," a magical place from "Alice in Wonderland," and a dreamland where Hansel and Gretel might find themselves lost — revisiting a part of her wish that had always eluded her memory.

++++

"What are you doing, Aveline?"

"I'm making a list of all the things I want to do. Here, take a look."

"Why do you always like the carnival?"

"I've always thought it's the happiest place on earth. Would you like to be part of my wishes? I mean, let's do it together, Margo."

"I promise, I'll be with you, and I'm going to fulfill your dreams... Aveline."

++++

"Do you like what you see, Sophia?"

"H-huh?" Sophia unconsciously blinked while she was looking at the Ferris wheel. She turned her attention to Margo, her face etched with surprise.

"Do you like it?" Margo asked with a smile.

"I-I'm sorry, I was spacing out. This is the best place I've ever been to. It feels so familiar," Sophia said, her lips pursing in embarrassment before she took a deep breath and offered a small smile. "I'm glad you like it," Margo said as she held her hand.

Sophia nodded, her shyness forgotten, her chocolate eyes sparkling with joy. "Can we ride the Ferris wheel?"

"Sure! Let's go?" Margo cheerfully suggested, leading the way by pulling on her hand.

Sophia couldn't help but giggle as they ran toward the ticket booth, their excitement reminiscent of children eager to ride the big wheel. They laughed, looking into each other's eyes.

"Stay here... I'll buy the tickets."

"I'm going with you," Sophia frowned, the words feeling strangely familiar.

"It won't take long," Margo insisted. Without waiting for a response, she headed to the booth, leaving Sophia waiting on the bench. The man in the blue uniform noticed Margo's approach. "It's all ready, Miss Sinclair," he said, nodding respectfully before returning to his post.

"Let's go?" Margo approached, showing the tickets. Sophia smiled and held her hand. A glint of surprise flashed in her green eyes, but it quickly turned into joy as she felt the warmth from Sophia's grasp and held it firmly.

"It's so scary!" Sophia whispered nervously as she looked up.

"The sky looks lovely from the top," Margo assured her as they entered the cubicle. Sophia clutched the steel bar when the ride began to move. Her hands became sweaty at the sound of the creaking bars, and her skin shivered from the strong breeze.