"That's what I like about you. You're so mean, but one kiss makes you nice," Aveline said, kissing her cheek, making her blush.

Margo faked a cough. "You're lucky to have me." She avoided Aveline's gaze.

"Oh, too cocky, Miss Sinclair," Aveline laughed and earnestly pinched Margo's cheek like a child. "You're always too noisy when watching movies with your side comments."

"I hate it when they portray characters in the afterlife..." Margo replied with a husky voice.

"Why?"

"What's the point if you reincarnate with the same face, same gender, and same race? Reincarnation should be the major equalizer for all of us. If you die ugly, why end up with the same face? Or the same race and gender? What's the point of living in the next life if nothing about you changes?"

"Margo, it's only a movie. Don't take it literally," Aveline's eyes sparkled in amusement. She knew Margo was keen on details.

Margo huffed. "Then they should portray it with sense, not devoid of logic."

"What if I become a man in my next life and am too ugly? Will you still love me?" Aveline softly rubbed Margo's brow.

"Yes...I love your soul, not your body."

"What if I stink? If I've got a lot of skin diseases, bad breath, yellow teeth, and am grimy all over? Will you still love me?" Aveline challenged her.

"I can easily fix your physical imperfections. You don't have to worry."

Aveline kissed her forehead. "Hmm...you know, you're too dense to notice my feelings."

"Am I? I thought you would never fall for me."
Aveline shook her head, laughing. "Oh, my god, Margo. You're the reason why I loved Jomar. You're the worst at being dense." She teased by poking Margo's cheek. "You always get jealous."

"I'm always jealous," Margo answered confidently, her vivid green eyes meeting Aveline's deep brown gaze. A smile spread across her lips as she touched Aveline's white blouse, tapping the buttons with her finger. "I'm jealous of these buttons," she said, her touch light as she traced a button with her fingertip.

"What is it with you and buttons?"

"It's that they're with you all the time, every second, every minute. I'm not." Margo fondled a button, then touched them one by one. Next, her gaze shifted to Aveline's pants. "I'm jealous of your pants, too."

"My pants have nothing to do with your temper. They're innocent," Aveline said, kissing Margo's cheek softly.

"They're not innocent. They cuddle your legs all the time."

Aveline smiled, holding Margo's hand against her face. "You're not seriously going to tell me you're jealous of my slippers, too, are you?"

"Yes," Margo replied, without a hint of hesitation in her voice.

"Why would that be?"

Margo caressed Aveline's cheek with her thumb, speaking softly. "Because they will take you away from me."

As the gentle breeze lingered in the garden, Aveline lowered her head and responded with a passionate kiss.

++++

Margo hurried across the hall towards Victor Howard's office. With a trace of nervousness, she opened the door.

"Miss Sinclair?" Doctor Howard stood from his seat as she entered.

"It's been days, Victor. Has there been any improvement?" Margo sat in the chair near the doctor's desk, her face etched with concern. Victor Howard sighed deeply, the weight of his words heavy in the air. "I suppose you're aware of her condition. Aveline's long-term memory loss initially helped her cope with her traumatic experiences, allowing her life to continue. However, her past has resurfaced. For a long time, she lived without the burden of her memories, but now she's trapped by them."