"Is there anything you need, Miss Sinclair?" Diana inquired, poised at the door.

Margo, seated on the couch and leaning back, replied, "I want to be alone. You may go," her voice soft but firm.

"I'll leave you to it, Miss Sinclair," the secretary acknowledged with a nod, then quietly closed the door behind her as she exited.

Aveline checked her watch and sighed in disappointment. Twenty minutes remained in her shift, after which she could go home early. Her world was gradually enveloped in sadness. Moments ago, she had experienced a whirlwind of emotions, a surge of energy that made her believe she could conquer the world. Now, she felt useless—a total loser. Reality had harshly reminded her, stripping away that small piece of confidence and crushing it.

Despite the sadness that shimmered in her eyes, Aveline continued to keep the glasses full; that was all she could do. She chastised herself for her foolish dreams, acknowledging her defeat with a resigned sigh and a sad smile. She knew what her fate held; hope seemed like a distant dream.

"Miss! Hey, Miss!" A woman waved from the far end of the table.

Aveline looked around, making sure the call was for her. "Yes, it's you!" the woman confirmed, pointing her finger at Aveline and walking towards her. "Can you serve room 24C? Bring drinks?" She glanced at the empty tray.

"Sure, but I don't know where 24C is?" Aveline hesitated, her brow furrowing as she tried to recall if she had ever heard of such a place. The woman shrugged confidently, "Don't worry; I'll guide you," she said, tilting her head to the side. "First, let's stop by the buffet table." She removed her headset, pulling the cord from around her neck, her ID with her name visible on it. The woman selected a bottle of wine and some snacks from the buffet, placing them on the tray Aveline held.

"Let's go," she said, leading the way, with a brief glance back at Aveline. Together, they ventured backstage.

Aveline was in awe as they walked through the corridor, noting everything painted in pristine white. The walls and floor were immaculate. Before entering the room, the woman paused at the door to press the small speaker in her ear, while Aveline waited behind her. "Yes, Bob?" she responded into the headset, "I'll check the list." Her finger ran over a paper attached to a clipboard. "For now, the lineup of interviews includes CHB Channel, Stocks Column, and Westin Magazine. Five news channels will conduct interviews, Bob. After that, it's the end of the press conference."

"Yes...yes," the woman nodded, listening through the headset. "Right now, we still have a ten-minute break. Okay, I will let her know." She pressed the button on her earpiece, turned to Aveline with a smile, and asked, "Shall we?" before knocking on the door.

"Come in," a muffled voice called from inside the room.

The woman gestured for Aveline to enter first, then followed behind her. A familiar face greeted Aveline's chocolate eyes.

Margo Sinclair, caught off guard, quickly masked her surprise with a neutral expression. She rose from her seat, her gaze fixed on Aveline without wavering.

Aveline, fearing she might drop the tray, gripped it tightly with her trembling hands.

Only the assistant director seemed oblivious to the growing tension in the room. "Miss Sinclair, your drinks have arrived," she announced cheerfully. Just then, her headset beeped, startling Aveline and nearly causing her to jostle the tray.

"What is it, Bob? An emergency? I'll be right there!" the woman responded hastily. "Miss Sinclair, anything else you need will be attended to. You have ten minutes. I'll return shortly to assist you further." She hurriedly made her way to the door, leaving Margo and Aveline momentarily speechless.