Celebrities posed for the glittering cameras, and across the room, the press sat separately in front of the stage at a long table, microphones placed on its surface.

Engrossed in serving wine, Aveline's attention was captured by a familiar voice. "Can you pour me a drink?" asked a very elegant Ophelia Veron, smiling at her. She was dressed in a velvet gown that showcased her smooth back, her blonde hair cascading in loose curls, and her lips curved in a seductive smile at the hesitant waitress.

Aveline's eyelashes fluttered in surprise. "Oh, it's you, Miss Veron." She cleared her throat to calm her nerves, then poured the drink.

Ophelia pursed her lips, amused by the reaction. Nearby, the media were speaking to Violet Chen.

"Miss Chen, your role in your latest movie is refreshing, quite unusual for your image. Did you have any hesitations about playing a lesbian character in your latest movie?" The reporter extended her microphone toward Violet.

Miss Violet Chen was unperturbed by the question and chuckled. "I had no qualms about playing lesbian roles. It's quite unique to engage in more relatable roles."

"Can a lesbian romantic comedy take on bigger issues and still be lighthearted?"

"If movies make people uncomfortable, it's usually because they're dealing with something they don't want to confront. At the end of the day, it's always about two people falling in love. Society complicates it. What you see in a movie is relevant; it's current and happening in our lives—a slice of reality for all of us." Violet answered eloquently, smiling and flashing her perfect white teeth.

"So, was it a challenge to play a character just starting to come out?"

Violet Chen sighed. "I'm portraying a woman who is trying to be herself in the truest sense. And I can relate to that period in between where you're just finding your way. I learned a lot from the experience." She briefly stole a glance at Ophelia, then smiled at the reporter.

Aveline's face turned crimson when the blonde smirked at Violet.

"Name one lesbian movie that doesn't involve a girl cheating while in a relationship," Ophelia asked, swirling the wine in her glass. Her face went blank at Ophelia's question. "I don't usually watch movies."

"Why do you ask, Miss Veron?" Aveline inquired politely.

Ophelia took a sip of wine, then grinned at Aveline. "In the movies I've watched, it always involves two girls falling in love while one of them is in a relationship. Then there's always a nice guy being left out. You see, it's always the nice guy who ends up being cheated on. Almost all lesbian movies or stories I've seen are like that."

Aveline smiled, amused by Ophelia's observation. "Maybe it's easier to write that kind of story. Anyone can cheat; it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman."

"Oh well...then why can't two girls just fall in love? It would be nice to watch a movie without that kind of conflict. Do lesbian films need to glorify cheating? One girl always getting confused then cheats. It seems that many LGBT movies or stories also revolve around cheating in a relationship," Ophelia mused, shrugging her shoulders as she sipped her wine.

"I guess the films you've watched have similar plots? Perhaps it's easier for viewers to relate if the characters have conflicts with their emotions," Aveline offered her opinion.

"So, to explore repressed sexuality or choose the right person, you have to cheat? Can't people of the same gender just fall in love without someone cheating? Why? Is it too idealistic?" She arched her brow at Aveline.

"I don't know. Maybe it's the right thing to do, maybe it's not," Aveline replied honestly.

"Oh, well...it's just me having random thoughts, Aveline. It could be the wine talking. The party hasn't started yet," Ophelia chuckled at the idea.