26. hot lifeguard

Start from the beginning

"ay!" he called out to me. i stopped swimming and stood still, my feet buried into the sand.

i slowly turned around to look at him. ah, fuck. he was even better looking up close. is this what every girl thought about him? they probably jumped all over him or pretended to not know how to swim just so they could snag a few words out of him and moon over him later.

"did you just swim away from me?" he asked.

i froze. i had no way out of this now. i was practically glued into the sand and i couldn't form the right words to say to him.

he laughed. "sorry. i don't know why i really said that. i'm jack."

i blinked. he's cute. i quickly snapped out of my thoughts and plastered on my best smile.

"it's okay. i was swimming away from you actually. i'm yn."

he laughed again then furrowed his eyebrows. "that's usually not the type of reaction i get out of girls, but i'll take it."

sheesh, he thinks i'm odd now. and i was right. every girl does probably jump on him.

"i just didn't expect you to talk to me, that's all. but thanks to whatever my friend said, here we are."

oh my god, did that sound rude of me?!?!!

he grinned. "funny, cuz she told me that you were trying to get my attention."

my cheeks felt hot all of a sudden and i awkwardly laughed. "um, yeah. i was. did it work?"

i already knew the answer to that though because he was looking at me.

"yeah," he laughed back at me. "i was lookin."

i smiled softly, looking down at the sand, letting the wind blow my hair to the side.

"so," he began, looking at me. "do you, uh, watch hockey?"

"yeah, i do. i love it actually. my dad played hockey in high school and my aunt figured skated for a long time. maybe there's where i get it from."

he smiled. "wow. that's pretty cool. i grew up playing hockey with my brothers and it's my second year in the nhl now."

"the nhl?!" i asked, my voice getting high pitched.

he nodded. "yeah. i play for new jersey."

"that's really impressive."

he smiled again, fixing his hair. "thanks. you should come to one of my games sometime. it'd be pretty fun."

"yeah?"

"yeah."

he spoke up, adding, "of course you'll need my number though, so we can plan it. you never know, right?"

i laughed, handing him my phone. "of course of course."

he typed in his information, then handed it back to me. "good. i'll see you soon, yn."

"i can't wait to see you at your games, jack!" i yelled, watching him wave goodbye to me as he jogged onto the shore.

i stood there for a moment, thinking to myself. yn, you lucky ass. you just scored yourself a fine man who is in the nhl and literally wants you at his games. it's just oh-so-bad that alllll those other girls didn't get this chance. oh well. mine now!!!

AUTHOR HERE,
hi guys this was a long one omg
i tried to be more descriptive w it tho so i hope it's good💀
fun fact: my dad did indeed play hockey in high school and my aunt figure skated for a long time
hehe that's the reference ☺️🫶🏻
also i just finished reading 'The Cheat Sheet' by Sarah Adams and it was so good!! it's a friends-to-lovers trope for anyone who's interested in that!
here's your daily jack pic! xx

AUTHOR HERE, hi guys this was a long one omgi tried to be more descriptive w it tho so i hope it's good💀fun fact: my dad did indeed play hockey in high school and my aunt figure skated for a long timehehe that's the reference ☺️🫶🏻also i just fi...