Barry got close and pulled you into a hug, "Hey don't worry about it. I'm sure nothing bad will happen, you just get out there and do what you do best ok?" You pulled back and nodded, "Ok...thanks Bare.." You smiled at each other, then you pinched him. "So is your girlfriend here tonight too?" You teased. Barry's face reddened and pushed you away, "Of course she is! I told her I'd fine her for 1,000,000 if she didn't come!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You waited in the wings of the stage, staring at the grand piano sitting there, waiting to be under a spotlight.

Your nerves hadn't quite died down yet, and the cramps and nausea from your period certainly weren't helping.

You looked down at you pokémon partner, Piplup, who looked back at you. "Everything will be ok..." You muttered. But whether you were saying that to you or Piplup, you weren't really sure.

You had been performing with Piplup for years now. When one day you were mindlessly playing a song on the piano, but when you looked over at your friend, it was performing dances in time to the music. Between your passion for the piano and Piplup's love of dance, your duo became extremely popular, and you started performing in symphony and concert halls all over Sinnoh and a few in Kalos.

That's even how you met Goh. You could remember that day as if it happened yesterday.

You had a free day. No practicing, no concerts, just a day you could enjoy with your Piplup out in Jubilife City. But when someone loved music as much as you did, you couldn't simply go without it. So when you and Piplup stumbled into a group of street performers who recognized your work? Obviously you had jumped at the chance to join them.

The man playing a keyboard stepped aside for you, and you played instantly, letting t he music flow out as Piplup danced. The already large crowd had doubled in numbers as more pokémon and people joined to dance.  That's when two young men joined the circle: one with a Pikachu and one with a Grookey, Goh. Goh would always tell you that when his brilliant blue eyes met yours while he danced was the moment he fell in love with you.

Goh had caught you before taking off with his friend to get your number, and the rest was history. He had taken you out on a date that night, and more and more followed. And as they say, the rest is history. 

You peeked out at the front row and your heart skipped a beat. Goh was sitting there with Grookey in his lap. Beside him were your dad, Barry, and Barry's girlfriend who was holding onto her Cherrim. You felt your stomach lurch, but tried to shake it off. "You ready Miss [Name]?" the stage manager asked. You nodded and took a deep breath, a failed attempt at settling your nerves, then stepped onto the stage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You felt so stiff walking over to the piano, with Piplup following close behind. You could see Goh smiling and clapping out of the corner of your eyes, bringing you some relief.

You took a seat at the bench and Piplup took its spot. When the crowd quieted, you began to play the first few notes. Everything was going so well...until a cramp hit you hard and fast, causing you to lose focus and hit a sour note. even you could see the audience cringe at your mistake. You heard your Piplup cry out and averted your gaze to look at it. It stumbled, but it was getting back into the flow with your notes.

You focused back on the piano, determined not to keep messing up. But another wave of nausea hit you, you felt your eyes spin, and you pressed on multiple wrong keys. You listened as Piplup fell again and the audience started murmuring to each other, you even heard a few boo's from the back.