Goh - 1,2,3,4

A/N: I'm not gonna lie, DIDN'T THINK GOH WAS THIS POPULAR

Requested by OrangeGuy1827

Here, have a song fic! Goh and reader are aged up to 18+

Goh x Female Reader (3rd POV)

Goh took a big gulp from the lemonade he had bought from a nearby vending machine. The tangy juice immediately refreshing him, "That hit the spot, exactly what I needed.." "Groo key key!" His partner Grookey jumped up beside him. Goh smiled and offered what was left of the drink to his partner. Goh was taking a much needed break in a local park, after all, he had been working day and night as Professor Cyrese's assistant. The professor had told him many times that he didn't need to work himself to death like he had been, but Goh was really trying to prove himself. "Petilil! Come back!" He heard a voice yell and he looked up. A Petilil was quickly making its way toward the fountain he was sitting on. "Please! Grab Petilil!" The voice sounded desperate and Goh stood up ready to try and grab it, but his arms flailed wildly and missed. "Grookey!" He called out, and his Grookey jumped into action and managed to get a hold of the Petilil, landing safely. Goh let out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank you!" Goh looked at where the voice was coming from and froze. His heart beat faster in his chest, his cheeks were tinged pink, and it felt like the breath had been taken from his body. She was beautiful. She ran to him in a white sundress with buttons all down the front, a straw hat with a white ribbon around it, and cream colored flats. She came to a stop in front of him, "Thank you so much! My Petilil here always finds a way to get away from me.." Her smile was bright and friendly. Goh could look at her smile all day. "Grookey!" His Grookey snapped him out of his daze, "Oh no problem, Grookey's the one who caught it though." They both looked over at two pokémon who were now talking and dancing together. "None the less, thank you. "My name is [name], and that's my partner Petilil." Goh held out his hand, "Goh, and that's my partner Grookey." She took his hand smiling. Her hand was so warm in his, and now both their cheeks were pink. "Wait, don't you work with the professor?" She asked, tilting her head to the side a bit. "Yea, I'm one of his assistants." He scratched his cheek a bit in embarrassment, but her eyes lit up. "That's so cool!" Goh smiled, "What about you? What do you do?" "I run a medicinal herb shop for people and pokémon." "Really? I'll have to stop by sometime and check it out." "I'd love it if you came by. We're closed on Saturdays, but otherwise we're open 10am to 6pm. I should get going, we have some items to prepare. I hope to see you two soon.." [Name] picked up her Petilil and gave Goh a small wave as she walked. Goh let out the dreamiest sigh before realizing the time, "Ah! Grookey we gotta get back!"

Goh did go to visit [name] at her shop, and could be seen there almost everyday just to see her and maybe pick up some medicine for some of the pokémon back at the lab. He had met the rest of your pokémon as well. Along with Petilil, you also had a Croagunk, Stantler, Chansey, and Paras. Petilil seemed to act as a mascot for your shop and had seemed to catch Grookey's attention the most. Today though, Goh was having a rough day. He had mixed up a lot of files at work and it was taking ages to get everything straightened out. As soon as he walked into your shop, he could feel some of stress roll off his shoulders, but he still nearly banged his head down on the counter. "Be right there!" [name]'s melodious voice came from the back, making Goh's ears turn pink. Now that he was coming all the time, the twos relationship has progressed, and he was really falling for her. "Goh? Everything ok?" He felt her small hand on his back, tracing soothing circular motions on his shoulder blades. He hummed in content, making her smile. "Groo-key!" His partner chirped [name] laughed, one of Goh's new favorite sounds, as she took her Petilil out of its ball, letting the pokémon spend time  together. "I know, I know Grookey. You missed your girlfriend." She teased. Her soft voice came over him again, "Goh, are you ok?" He hummed and she pursed her lips. "Hang on a sec Goh." She walked over to her storefront and flipped the "Be Back Soon!" sign before locking the door. "It's just us now Goh." Goh sighed and sat up reaching for her hand and tracing small circles on the back of her hand, calming him and maker her face heat up. "I just...messed up at work and I worry..that I'm not good enough..." She took a step closer, "My best friend is the coronation champion and my other best friend is a contest star, I just, feel like I'm falling behind..." "Goh..." She raised her other hand to cup his cheek, and he immediately leaned into it. "You are doing wonderful Goh. You work so hard all the time. This is one mistake, and I've never heard you talk about any others. Is the problem fixable?" He nodded. "Then it can't be that bad. You are doing your best, and that's all anyone can ask of you. And so what if your friends are out doing those things? Their journey is not the same as yours." She took a step closer, less than an arms reach away. Goh could pull her into his arms at any moment if he wanted to, and man did he want to. "Life is not a race Goh, go at your own pace.." Goh closed his eyes and took a breath. All the disappointment and frustration he was feeling earlier melting away with her words. Without another word, he tightened his grip on her hand and pulled [name] into his arms, holding her close. She was shocked at first, but slowly leaned onto his chest. He used his hand to stroke her hair softly. "How do you do that...?" His voice was quiet. "Do what?" "Make this so easy" She pulled away a bit, just enough so she could look into his sparkling blue eyes. "Make what so easy?" He removed his hand from her hair and cupped cheek, moving so his face was less than a breath away, "Loving you.." Her eyes widened as he closed the gap. They shared a soft and sweet kiss, conveying all the words he wanted to say. His heart raced when she reciprocated the kiss, pulling him as close to her as she could. When they broke for air, both their faces were red, and they didn't notice her Petilil and his Grookey cuddling in the corner.

Goh couldn't have been happier after that day. His steps were light and airy as he moved around the lab, grabbing the attention of the professor and both of his co-workers. They were so happy for him, because it meant he also wasn't working himself to death anymore. He was actually taking his needed breaks now. One time they all even followed him to see what he was so giddy about, and saw him and [name] having a private moment in her shop after forgetting to close the blinds. Chrysa and Ren had even cornered him one day, "Goh! Why didn't you tell us you had a girlfriend!?" Chrysa asked excitedly, making Goh jump back. "H-how-!?" "We saw you two at the herbal shop." Ren clarified. Goh's face turned red, "I-I met her about a month ago and we just recently started dating..." The two smiled, "We're so happy for you Goh!" Chrysa smiled, "Just don't slack off on your work ok?" Ren smiled as well before they went back to work. "Slack off? Is that what they think I'm doing..?" Goh mumbled to himself. His good mood was erased and he had been in a slump for most of the day.

Goh shambled into [name]'s shop and immediately went behind the counter and sat, letting Grookey out of its ball to go find Petilil. He slumped over and buried his face in his hands, "What's wrong Goh?" Your sweet voice hovered over him and he looked up, your sweet face now etched with concern and worry. "Just something Ren said.." [Name] pursed her lips and went to flip her sign so she could comfort her boyfriend. When she returned, she kneeled in front of him and cupper his face. "Tell me?" And he did. He told her about his conversation with his co-workers and what he was worried about. "Do..you think I'm a distraction Goh?" His eyes widened and he looked at her, unshed tears starting to brim in her beautiful eyes.  He pulled her into his arms quickly, "No no! that's not what I meant! You don't distract me like that! I..I don't know. I want to do my best as your boyfriend and as a lab assistant..." [Name] wiped at her eyes. "Goh? Can I tell you something? Something I've never told anyone?" Goh wordlessly nodded. [Name] took a deep breath, "I..thought about selling my shop not that long ago..." "What? Why?" "The shop didn't have many customers and my family's spread out between Johto and Unova and I  just felt...lonely." She looked away from him. "What happened?" She smiled at him, "The next day, I met someone, and suddenly I wasn't so lonely anymore. He came into my shop almost everyday and I fell in love with him," She lifted his face gently to meet his eyes again, "And his Grookey fell in love with my Petilil." "You...stayed for me?" [Name] shook her head, "Not quite, but now I'm so happy I didn't leave. Life takes us in different directions, and things change. It's up to you how you handle that sudden change." She stood up again and Goh's gaze followed her, "I won't make you stay Goh, but only you can decide how to move forward..." She started to walk back to open again, but Goh stood up fast and grabbed her wrist, "Wait!" She looked back at him, holding back tears. His heart nearly breaking at the sight. "[Name]..." She rushed back into his arms, wrapping her arms around him tightly. He held her close, "I'm so glad I found you [name]...I love you..." "I love you too Goh..loving you is easy..." Goh let out a small laugh, "Really? Easy?" [Name] gave him a short and sweet kiss, "As easy as counting to four..."